Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Tensai  (Read 247 times)

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-3
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Tensai
« on: April 21, 2018, 04:09:15 PM »
I don't mean to step on any toes, but I noticed it had been a while since the last spotlight. Sorry for the gimmick infringement.

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight?  
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual 
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

Tensai
Starting Hand Size: 7     Superstar Value: 2
Superstar Ability: When your non-hybrid non-Set-up maneuver without 'reversed' in the text is unsuccessful, you may reveal 1 card in your hand with the same card title, and his reversal does not end your turn, but you can only play cards from hand with that title for the rest of the turn.
You can pack No Sell Maneuver, Asian Mist, A-Train maneuver cards, and up to 4 copies of maneuvers that are not Unique or have 'reverse' in the text.
V8

Backed by The Funkadactyls
Backstage Card
When this card is revealed, you cannot play a Manager card.
Your Brodus Clay-specific cards do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
When your Fortitude Rating is 5 or less and you have lower Fortitude, your opponent's non-F:0 reversals to your maneuvers are +10F.
When his effect would cause you to discard any number of cards, you may hide this card instead.
Unique     RMS logo
V7

Managed by Sakamoto
Pre-match Manager
Cannot be blanked.
When this card is in your Ring, it is also considered to be Roll Out of the Ring for your effects, and your Manager Interferes cards can be played as if they are D:0 and/or hybrid.
ACE: During your turn, you may reveal 1 maneuver in your hand, and then discard that card, remove this card from the game, and shuffle up to 8 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal. 
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V8

They're Tons of Funk!
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.  Cannot be played when you have a Manager in your Ring.
Your High Risks with 'splash' in the title are +2D, Multi, and they are Strikes instead with blank text.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may reveal 1 card in your hand with 'splash' in the title, and then draw 2 cards and shuffle the revealed card into your Arsenal.
ACE: During your turn, you may put this card into your Ringside and then reveal Backed by The Funkadactyls.
V7

Big in Japan
Mid-match Action
When this card is in your Backlash and you play Snot Rocket, instead of choosing a card you may put this card into your Ring.
When Managed by Sakamoto is in your Ring, your opponent cannot respond to this card.
When this card is in your Ring, your Deraileris a Trademark Finisher instead, and his cards are -1D and -2 Stun Value.
V8

Asian Mist
Mid-match Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, can only be played after a successfully played 5D or greater maneuver or if the card titled Roll Out of the Ring is in your Ring area. Look at your opponent's hand, choose up to 2 cards, and your opponent discards the chosen cards. 
As a reversal, if the card titled Roll Out of the Ring is in your Ring area, reverse any maneuver and end your opponent's turn. The first card played during your next turn cannot be reversed. 
F: 15     D: 0     Unique
SUM, SS2
   ---OR---
Asian Mist - Throwback
Mid-match Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver or if the card titled Roll Out of the Ring is in your Ring area. Look at your opponent's hand, choose up to 2 cards, and he discards the chosen cards. 
As a reversal, when the card titled Roll Out of the Ring is in your Ring area, reverse any maneuver and end your opponent's turn. The first card played during your next turn cannot be reversed. 
F: 15     D: 0     Unique
SS3

Charging Bicycle Kick
Strike + Strike / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can be played by Tensai when you have used your Ability.  When successfully played, shuffle up to 4 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
As a reversal, this card is -2D, reverse any Strike.
F: 7     D: 8     SV: 1     Unique     Multi
V8

Giant Running Senton
High Risk + High Risk / Action + Action
As a maneuver, can only be played after a successfully played maneuver and can only be reversed from hand or Arsenal.
As an action, this card is F: 0, put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal and put up to 1 non-unique F:0 maneuver without 'reversed' in the text from your Ringside into your hand.
When successfully played, your opponent discards 1 random card.
F: 12     D: 12     SV: 2     Unique
V8

Derailer
Grapple 
Can only be played after a successfully played card.
When successfully played, you may search your Arsenal and Ringside pile for 1 card, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal. If you do, after damage has been applied, end your turn. 
F: 20     D: 20     SV: 2     Unique
VEN

Asian Claw
Trademark Finisher
When played after Asian Mist, this card cannot be reversed from hand or Backlash.
Remove 2 cards in your opponent's Ringside from the game.
When your next card played this turn is Maintain Hold, ignore the "Can only be played..." text on it, and he cannot respond to it.
F: 25     D: 15     SV: 2     Unique
V8

Train Wreck
Trademark Finisher / Reversal: Special
As a reversal, reverse any Strike or Grapple maneuver and end your opponent's turn. 
F: 40     D: 30     SV: 3     Unique
VEN

Dominating the Competition
Reversal: Special
Reverse any maneuver; when this card reverses, even from Arsenal, put it in your Ring and put up to 2 cards from your Ringside into your hand.
ACE: When you are Tensai, during your turn you may remove this card from the game and then draw up to 2 cards.
F: 10     D: 0     Unique
V8

Enraged by "Alllberrrt" Chants
Action + Action
Put up to 1 maneuver from your Ringside into your hand, and reversals to your next card played this turn are +6F; for the rest of this turn, your maneuvers are +2D and -4F.
F: 9     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V8
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Tensai
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 05:06:18 PM »
All you gotta do is make a request :) I hadn't got any which is why.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 06:14:50 PM »
All you gotta do is make a request :) I hadn't got any which is why.

Lol oh sorry... i put one in a while ago and it never came out, so I figured it was just life getting in the way

Offline Naitchng

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 05:59:26 AM »
Tensai is one of those that relies heavily on yr drawing luck. If u drew 4 of a kind/repeated moves during yr startin hand, u're gd to go. Otherwise if u drew 1 of a kind for each maneuver or opp uses a kill/reduction hand strategy, then u're pretty much screwed. I ran bash since multis give u the highest chance to get a move through with yr ability, but the small starting hand is a prob(i gave up underrated for bash down the walls since walls can search for moves to set up for yr ability even though it will waste a turn). I ran sakamoto route as big in jap and one of the big boys combo is awesome & crucial for bash route. Haven tried the funkadactyls route, but i do still believe the lack of hand will still be its biggest prob(although i know some of u will say ton of funks ace can help in drawing, but it can be reverse and unless u go major announcement route, low chance to find a splash each turn). Overall tensai is a deck that relies heavily on drawing luck or drawing power, u may either do extremely well or you won't even have a fighting chance, just my 2 cents.

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »
I haven't played it yet, but I just built him as a Homecoming deck. That way you can search for a move you already have in your hand. I'm not expecting it to be anything special. Which I think is where this superstar is at this point. It'll be a fun deck, not a competitive one.

I imagine Heat could also work for him. Draw a heat move, play one from ringside, use your ability, rinse/repeat.