Author Topic: Top 5 Best and Top 5 Worst Superstars  (Read 517 times)

Offline jreilly89

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Top 5 Best and Top 5 Worst Superstars
« on: April 20, 2018, 06:56:33 AM »
Just getting into this game and starting to learn it, but as a typical wargamer and Magic player I know there are power levels. Who's considered the Top 5 Best and Top 5 Worst Superstars? Also, if you're talking Virtual versions, please list it as such.

I'm planning on playing the following characters, I'd just like to have a rough idea where they stand.

-"STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN -- "The Bottom Line" Edition
-HULK HOGAN -- "Hulkamania" Edition
-Mankind
-The Rock
-Kane
-Undertaker
-Booker T

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Top 5 Best and Top 5 Worst Superstars
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 07:43:44 AM »
funny you should ask  :laugh:

for the "worst list" I'd suggest taking a look at the recent lackey tournament we're running since we took an open poll to see who everyone thought was really bad (some aren't, and we weeded out some of the absurd but left the bottom of the barrel as is) it's a list of close to 25 but should give you some idea.....a top 5 is rougher, if I sat down and pondered it I could probably give you a top 20 of the top-tier guys, there's so many decks and options now a top and bottom 5 would be rough
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline jreilly89

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 07:49:29 AM »
funny you should ask  :laugh:

for the "worst list" I'd suggest taking a look at the recent lackey tournament we're running since we took an open poll to see who everyone thought was really bad (some aren't, and we weeded out some of the absurd but left the bottom of the barrel as is) it's a list of close to 25 but should give you some idea.....a top 5 is rougher, if I sat down and pondered it I could probably give you a top 20 of the top-tier guys, there's so many decks and options now a top and bottom 5 would be rough

Well, that's kind of comforting lol the only ones out of that list I'd be kind of bummed about would be Bam Bam Bigelow, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, and Roddy Piper.

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 07:54:46 AM »
I feel your pain about Piper!! but the good news is that once a year things get upgraded and revised, so there's always hope :)

some decks are just better than people think too, it's just they're unused.....

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 08:09:25 AM »
My issue is picking a deck up and realizing that while it isn't bad: is there another that can do this same thing or something similar but better and faster?
Pizza is life, pizza is love.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 08:17:37 AM »
Yeah, most of the "worst" decks are on that list not because they're bad, but because they're either boring, or someone else does what they do more efficiently. Frex, Heidenreich and Michael Tarver's entire gimmick is "I punch you." That's boring as hell, especially since the only punch that's really a top tier maneuver is Punch After Punch, which, let's face it, can be better used by anyone who makes a good volley build. Lex Luger? Sure, he throws Dynamics, but a ton of people can throw Dynamics, and can do it better. Junkyard Dog can throw Dynamic Grapples at at least -10F, between his ability and Dynamically Inclined, and his Dynamics are Chain with an additional card discard. Billy Gunn can make Luck of the Draw Permanent, and sponge like a mofo by constantly revealing the Dynamics he picks up with Striker to put cards back, and even DTTAH doesn't slow him down much. Dangerous Alliance? OK, they're probably just bad.

On the flip side, you can make an amazing deck with just about anyone, if you have the right inspiration. If you look at what people brought just to Worlds last year, 13 people showed, and there was only one duplicated superstar in VC (Kevin Owens). The top 4 in VC were Nidia, Chyna Doll, Big Poppa Pump, and Bret Hart, and before Worlds, I don't think anyone would have pegged any of those four decks as top tier, yet there they were in the top cut at Worlds.

Really, the best advice I have is to either pick a superstar you like, and build the best deck you can for them, or decide on a strategy you like, and pick the best superstar you have to match it. Do one of those two, and it will give you the best results.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 09:21:47 AM »
The top 4 in VC were Nidia, Chyna Doll, Big Poppa Pump, and Bret Hart, and before Worlds, I don't think anyone would have pegged any of those four decks as top tier, yet there they were in the top cut at Worlds.

BPP is always a thread to top-cut at Worlds.  So good.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline skudz

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 10:52:18 AM »
Out of those ones I like The Rock, Undertaker, and Mankind.  All 3 are top tier IMO.

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2018, 11:40:27 AM »
The top 4 in VC were Nidia, Chyna Doll, Big Poppa Pump, and Bret Hart, and before Worlds, I don't think anyone would have pegged any of those four decks as top tier, yet there they were in the top cut at Worlds.

Wasnt there some change done to bpp? I thought i heard about one or one comimg.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2018, 11:51:05 AM »

BPP can with around that Face card. 

He's not the godly mess he was pre-revision to the Coif, but he's still an excellent superstar.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2018, 02:36:08 PM »

BPP can with around that Face card. 

He's not the godly mess he was pre-revision to the Coif, but he's still an excellent superstar.

First turn <r>Rated R spear was meh

Offline Eric RD

• +16/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 06:30:13 PM »
Just getting into this game and starting to learn it, but as a typical wargamer and Magic player I know there are power levels. Who's considered the Top 5 Best and Top 5 Worst Superstars? Also, if you're talking Virtual versions, please list it as such.

I'm planning on playing the following characters, I'd just like to have a rough idea where they stand.

-"STONE COLD" STEVE AUSTIN -- "The Bottom Line" Edition
-HULK HOGAN -- "Hulkamania" Edition
-Mankind
-The Rock
-Kane
-Undertaker
-Booker T

Booker T and The Undertaker are going to be the best two I think. Stone Cold, Mankind and The Rock afterwards. Hulk Hogan is the most recent of those starter decks, assuming Booker T is not from Survivor Series 2.
Backlash Podcast 28 - McMahonism https://youtu.be/CuYs3VNMm-Q

Backlash Podcast - a Raw Deal podcast - available every other Tuesday on Apple Podcast, Stitcher and YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/

Offline jreilly89

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 11:54:24 AM »
 We also ended up with a pretty decent Tazz deck that came built with a bunch of suplexes and Tazz specific suplexes. There's also a decent Chris Benoit superstar card and a couple of his cards.

My next question, who's considered a good submission deck character? I ended up with a ton of submission Commons, and I'd be interested in making a submissions deck.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2018, 12:34:56 PM »
Benoit using clutch onto opponent/apppy illegal leverage/Spunning to hokd/Boston crab tb,maintain hold,First to tap out match can be fun
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2018, 01:25:55 PM »
Freakin Hero with the storyline gets to see the opponent's hand and +3D to his moves out the door, that can be helpful to get the submission train rolling....