Author Topic: Sandow  (Read 143 times)

Offline Hogtrail

• +14/-3
    • View Profile
Sandow
« on: April 11, 2018, 08:13:29 PM »
If I have these cards in my ring, can I choose all three options when I successfully play a foreign object?

The Intellectual Savior of the Masses
Backstage Area
Your Damien Sandow-specific Pre-match cards do not take up a slot in your Ring.
When you successfully play a card that would allow you to choose between one or more effects, you may choose one additional effect.
When your opponent successfully plays a card that allows him to choose one or more different effects, you may choose and apply one of the effects as well.
Unique     RMS logo
V7

26/TK (F) <ECW logo> One Night Stand
Pre-match Pay-Per-View Event
When any player successfully plays a Foreign Object maneuver, he may choose 2: draw 1 card, shuffle 1 card from his Ringside pile into his Arsenal, or have his opponent discard 1 card.
Permanent
Unique
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-7
    • View Profile
Re: Sandow
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
It doesn't interact with one night stand.

EDIT: my original response was a little confusing to even myself. Because of the text from The Intellectual Savior of the Masses that states "When you successfully play a card that would allow you to choose between one or more effects, you may choose one additional effect." The way it's written is those effects have to come from the card played itself, not outside effects like One Night Stand.

I asked almost this exact question and the response was confirmed by Daeva http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,16456.msg191158.html#msg191158
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 01:31:16 PM by niiiiick »

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +312/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Sandow
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 09:26:52 PM »
Yeah, Intellectual Savior only cares about choices on the card that you're actually playing, not outside choices. No interaction with One Night Stand.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.