Author Topic: Reversing an ACE effecf thats from backstage.  (Read 305 times)

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Reversing an ACE effecf thats from backstage.
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »
Hi guys. Today i have another newbie question that has got me quite confused.

The Roman Empire
Backstage Card
Your Superstar Value and Starting Hand Size are +2.
You may put this card into your Ring to reverse any non-Unique non-maneuver card and Promo: 3.
ACE: When playing a non-Unique Multi maneuver, you may put this card from your Ring into your Ringside and your maneuver requires 3 reversals instead of 2 to reverse; when you have 10+ lower Fortitude, this effect cannot be reversed.
Unique     RMS logo
V8

All along, i used to think that if a backstage card is not technically in the ring, you couldnt reverse its ace. So in another case whereby im playing bod and im have this card below(for easy reference) in my backstage. My focus is that arent i in a disadvantage whereby my opponent has a chance of reversing me as and when i want to use the "ability"?

Hellraisers 'til the End
Action
During your turn, when this card is in your Ringside, you may put it into your Ring or Backstage Area.  When this card is in your Backstage Area, your Ability is blank.
ACE:  Before the Draw Segment of each of your turns, when this card is in your Ring or Backstage Area, you may overturn 2 cards and then put 1 card from your Ringside into your hand.
When this card is in your Ring or Backstage Area, you have lower Fortitude, and your opponent's Fortitude Rating is 10+, your Brothers 'til the End is F: 0.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Reversing an ACE effecf thats from backstage.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »
I'm unclear what you're asking, but I think you're reading those ACEs wrong, since they both define where your card has to be to work.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Coming Dec. 25

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 09:28:02 PM »
I'm unclear what you're asking, but I think you're reading those ACEs wrong, since they both define where your card has to be to work.

CREED

Sorry for the misleading question. Let ke rephrase in another way. can my opponent reverse that ace if the card is in my backstage which in my understanding is technically not in the ring.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:51:07 PM »
The definition of an ACE includes being in your Ring.  If it's not, it's not an ACE, and thus can't be reversed by DTTAH, etc.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Coming Dec. 25

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 11:34:56 PM »
The definition of an ACE includes being in your Ring.  If it's not, it's not an ACE, and thus can't be reversed by DTTAH, etc.

CREED

Thanks creed for having much patience so far for answering my doubt but going back to my 1st post. I just need a few more solid confirmation.
(P.s i know im going in circles but somehow or rather the doubts keeps coming to haunt me)

1. Is cards with ace at backstage reversable?
2. If no to question 1, why does roman reigns backstage cards text as though it can be reverse?

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 11:53:32 PM »
1) Effects on Backstage cards are not reversible.

2) Both Hellraisers 'til the End and The Roman Empire have effects on them that move them to the Ring. When they are in the Ring, the effect labeled "ACE" is an Activated Card Effect, and can be reversed. When they are not in the Ring, the effect labeled "ACE" is not an Activated Card Effect, because as Creed pointed out, the definition of an ACE includes that card being in the Ring.

Let's walk through the Roman Empire.

Your Superstar Value and Starting Hand Size are +2.

- This part is self-evident. It's a static effect throughout the game.

You may put this card into your Ring to reverse any non-Unique non-maneuver card and Promo: 3.

- This effect moves Roman Empire to your Ring. At that point, it is no longer in the Backstage Area.

- Your opponent can do nothing to stop this effect, other than not playing non-Unique non-maneuver cards.

ACE: When playing a non-Unique Multi maneuver, you may put this card from your Ring into your Ringside and your maneuver requires 3 reversals instead of 2 to reverse; when you have 10+ lower Fortitude, this effect cannot be reversed.

- This effect is the only ACE on the card. It is also ONLY usable after the second effect has been triggered, as the cost of the ACE specifically requires moving the card from your Ring to your Ringside. It can't be moved from your Ring unless it is already there.

- There is reversibility text on the card because once it is in the Ring, the effect is an ACE, and can be reversed as normal, unless you have 10+ lower Fortitude.

As for Hellraisers 'til the End, that card can be placed either in your Backstage or your Ring. The card specifically states that the effect labeled ACE can be used when the card is in your Backstage, this time, which is different from Roman Empire. However, when it is in your Backstage, it is not an ACE, again, because it must be in your Ring to be an ACE. In your Backstage, it is simply an effect you may choose to use.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 11:56:35 PM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 12:01:05 AM »
Ok fully understood. Thanks alot for clearing my doubts.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 08:20:14 AM »
Just as a quick add-on, there are cards in the game that can have their effects reversed if in the backstage area, but they specifically say so within the text, as an example:

The X-Treme Enigma
Backstage Card
Your High-Flying Style is now Superstar-specific, and your Superstar-specific Events do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.  Your Jeff Hardy-specific actions are Multi and can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards.  Do not discard for Swanton Bomb.
When you are Jeff Hardy, once during each of your turns you may reveal 1 High Risk or Trademark Finisher from hand, and then put it on the bottom of your Arsenal and your opponent puts 1 random card from hand on the bottom of his Arsenal; this effect can be reversed as if it is an Activated Card Effect.
Unique     RMS logo
V8

If it doesn't have that last line, and the card exists in the backstage then yes, refer to the posts above