Author Topic: The Manbeast of NXT Qns  (Read 244 times)

Offline DebuRaito

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
The Manbeast of NXT Qns
« on: April 08, 2018, 01:16:17 PM »
The Manbeast of NXT
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you can pack From NXT to WWE and your F:5- maneuvers are considered F:0 and Foreign Objects for your Rhyno-specific cards, but you cannot pack non-Superstar-specific Foreign Objects.
During any turn when you successfully play a maneuver with printed Stun Value, choose one: Promo: 2, put up to 1 non-reversal card from Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal, or remove 1 card in your opponent’s Ringside from the game.
Unique     RMS logo     NXT logo
V8

If my F:5- maneuvers are considered Foreign Objects for Rhyno-specific cards (which means including The Manbeast of NXT itself) and I can't pack non-Superstar-specific Foreign Objects, does that mean I basically can't pack F:5- maneuvers?!

And that means I'll have to rely on non-maneuver cards to gain my starting fortitude?

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +115/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Re: The Manbeast of NXT Qns
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 02:33:41 PM »
That's not as intended. We'll issue errata if needed, if Nate says that's how the card is reading.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 06:31:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure what it is saying is that you can't pack printed foreign objects, but for the effects of your SS cards your normal maneuvers are treated as if they are foreign objects. Being treated as foreign objects by certain SS cards doesn't make them actually foreign objects.
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 09:14:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure what it is saying is that you can't pack printed foreign objects, but for the effects of your SS cards your normal maneuvers are treated as if they are foreign objects. Being treated as foreign objects by certain SS cards doesn't make them actually foreign objects.

Don't think it works that way. When you're building your deck, the maneuvers that are 5-F are not Foreign Objects yet until this card is in your ring area and you get the effect. However, packing rules immediately kick in while you're building your deck so it shouldn't clash.

But, for now, don't worry about the newer Rhyno cards released in v8, the TCO team have discussed a rewording/errata, since the card isn't working as intended, which is to proc Rhyno's ability along with other Rhyno cards (which it is already doing, by the wording) so we players will just have to wait and see how everything goes. A more detailed read-up on the matter on this thread: http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,17777.0.html

Offline Brizzyboi

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 10:16:44 PM »
The Manbeast of NXT
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you can pack From NXT to WWE and your F:5- maneuvers are considered F:0 and Foreign Objects for your Rhyno-specific cards, but you cannot pack non-Superstar-specific Foreign Objects.
During any turn when you successfully play a maneuver with printed Stun Value, choose one: Promo: 2, put up to 1 non-reversal card from Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal, or remove 1 card in your opponent’s Ringside from the game.
Unique     RMS logo     NXT logo
V8

If my F:5- maneuvers are considered Foreign Objects for Rhyno-specific cards (which means including The Manbeast of NXT itself) and I can't pack non-Superstar-specific Foreign Objects, does that mean I basically can't pack F:5- maneuvers?!

And that means I'll have to rely on non-maneuver cards to gain my starting fortitude?

Is it as simple as....?

When packing this card, you can pack From NXT to WWE and your F:5- maneuvers are considered F:0 and Foreign Objects for your OTHERRhyno-specific cards, but you cannot pack non-Superstar-specific Foreign Objects.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +484/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:23:41 PM »
Funny, that's my thought as well.  :)

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-68
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
either way until it is fixed don't play it it is a worthless card
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +312/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 01:52:01 PM »
Consider it instantly errataed to say "your other Rhyno cards" and I'll put a note in the errata thread to that effect.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.