Author Topic: Legacy vs Braun  (Read 203 times)

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Legacy vs Braun
« on: April 03, 2018, 08:59:59 AM »
I found this in regards to Legacy and RMS moves: http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,14539.msg171512.html#msg171512

Would it be a similar ruling with Legacy vs Braun?

The Legacy
Starting Hand Size: 7     Superstar Value: 5
Stable Superstar Ability:  When your opponent successfully plays a non-Trademark Finisher non-Trademark maneuver, before damage is applied, reveal the top 3 cards of your Arsenal; when you reveal any applicable reversals with Fortitude equal to or less than your Fortitude Rating, you may choose 1 to remove from the game, shuffle the other cards into your Arsenal, do not take damage from that maneuver and end his turn.
When you do not choose a card, shuffle those cards into your Arsenal and take damage as normal.

BRAUN STROWMAN
Starting Hand Size: 12     Superstar Value: 2
Superstar Ability: Your opponent’s effects cannot reduce or blank the damage of your maneuvers, and he does not draw or search his Arsenal for the effects of his non-Superstar-specific reversals.
You can pack As Big and Tough as Any Two Men (replace 'Kane' with 'Braun Strowman' in its text), No Sell Maneuver, Follow the Buzzards, and We're Here. Ignore the 'When you are packing...' text on A Revolution of the Mind.
You cannot pack Face, Heel, or BASH cards, or Corners.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy vs Braun
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 09:21:15 AM »
Yes, same deal. Legacy does their fancy stuff, tells Braun that the maneuver's damage is taken care of, and Braun replies, "I'M NOT DONE WITH YOU YET!" and crams the damage down their throat.

Legacy's Ability loses to Braun's.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 10:16:53 AM »
Thanks, also wanted to make sure I'm reading them correctly...when you reveal the 3 and and onky one is applicable, say Revolution of the Mind, I can remove one of the other 3, shuffle and end their turn?

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 11:02:33 AM »
No, you may only choose an applicable reversal with a Fort cost you can pay for. The "top 3 cards" is from a separate clause; the antecedent that "1" refers to is "any applicable reversal[] with Fortitude equal to or less than your Fortitude Rating," which is part of the same clause.

It might be easier to read like this:

When your opponent successfully plays a non-Trademark Finisher non-Trademark maneuver, before damage is applied, reveal the top 3 cards of your Arsenal. If you reveal any applicable reversals with Fortitude equal to or less than your Fortitude Rating, you may choose 1 applicable reversal to remove from the game, shuffle the other cards into your Arsenal, do not take damage from that maneuver and end his turn.
When you do not choose a card, shuffle those cards into your Arsenal and take damage as normal.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 05:06:08 PM »
Dilbert is correct. You remove one of the applicable reversals.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.