Author Topic: Road Dogg - Virtual Classic. Mad tech...?  (Read 480 times)

Offline killercactus

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Road Dogg - Virtual Classic. Mad tech...?
« on: April 01, 2018, 09:13:29 PM »
I've been out of it for a while, only here to post an X-Pac deck every now and again.  Got a Road Dogg idea though....

Backstage
Road Dogg
5th Anniversary
DX Crotch Chop

Pre-Match
Trash Talking Interview TB*
Raw Roulette Wheel*
Chicago Street Fight* (on top)
No DQ Match* (under wheel)
Managed by Vince McMahon*
WrestleMania*
Ladies and Gentlemen...*
Oh You Didn't Know?*
WCW Title*
Making Your Escape (against HIAC when I don't get Vince)
Rules Were Meant to be Broken*
Playing by the Rules*

Mid-Match
The King Interferes
Now Hold On Just a Damn Minute
Graceful as a Cow on ice
Took that on the Chin
Reinforcements from DX
Restricted Use in this area
Shoot Counter
WWE Divas Rule x3
Road to Victory
????

Maneuvers
Face Stretch x3
Full Nelson Slam x3
Sucker Punch tb x1
Kidney Punch x2
German Suplex tb
Shoot Lockup x2
Shaky Legs Knee Drop
Garbage Can Kid TB x2

Actions
Sharmell
Maria
Melina
Lilian
Candace x2
Ashley
Christy
Kristal
Ive Got 2 Words for Ya
Let's Make Some Noise
Welcome to the Dogg Pound
Shoot Action x2
ICBRTR x2
??? Some FO Action

Reversals
Elbow x3
Rev of the Mind x3
Once Is Enough x3
Sloppy x3
Just Brint It x2
Don't be a Douchebag
It's Great to be Back Here in...
Spine Buster x2
Overshot x2
Don't Try x2
Sidewalk Slam x2
Divine
Raw Deal Revolution
Kickin the Shiznit
Tori Enters the Fray

Idea started with WrestleMania to kill hands, and then Kidney Punch to get a free card in my hand, discard it to spin the Roulette Wheel and draw with LMSN repeatedly into the Divas, and then play Divas Rule to win.  Feel like I need to get ICBRTR and Shoot Headlock or something else to abuse Rules Were Meant to be Broken some more, though its sick with LMSN on the board turn 1.  Maybe Chicago Street Fight instead of DQ Match or Flair, and use Foreign Object moves and actions to get back?  Also works with LMSN.  Also maybe work in Doggy Pump Handle Slam?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:12:36 AM by killercactus »

Offline fadeaway

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Road Dogg - Virtual Classic. Mad tech...?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 12:05:36 AM »
Lucky you have no dq match

Douchebag is unique and you packed 2.

Jokes aside, you might want to replace that with a out of nowhere, because Carlitos says that’s not cool  ;)

Offline killercactus

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Road Dogg - Virtual Classic. Face / Fan Favorite / Divas Rule
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 03:31:03 AM »
Oops didn't catch that. I'm not very familiar at all with the Virtual cards. Fixed by adding It's Great to be Back Here... for now. I'd have to look up Out of Nowhere or Carlito - they do something similar?

EDIT: just looked up those cards. I'd rather not pack the 5F Carlito, but does Out of Nowhere work at 0F as an action after I spin it as a reversal?  That might be a way to get F late before I lose and pop Wrestlemania...

I also only had 10 prematch and 10 midmatch. I feel like the limit on what you can pack is actually 12 (like I said, I was gone a while).  Is that correct?  I bumped both of them to 12, but am looking for advice on the last spot in midmatch.

I should be more specific about what the deck is trying to do, which basically is abuse the crap outta Let's Make Some Noise:

1) Get to at least 22F.  Originally I thought that would be easy with Ladies and Gents giving me an only from Arsenal move, and the Road Dogg midmatch reversal giving me another one. Then I remembered Restricted Use exists and it probably kills my first move from the Pre-Match card. Any ideas on getting that initial Fortitude?

2) Clear out the Opponents hand.  This would be accomplished by playing I've got 2 words for ya! (With 6 Diva Runins still in my Arsenal), or just getting pinned and popping Wrestlemania.   An issue I see with the Wrestlemania route is dealing with Product Endorsements TB... Any advice there?

3) Draw into all 6 Divas and winning with WWE Divas Rule.  This happens by repeatedly spinning the Raw Roulette Wheel, discarding a card each time and then drawing with Let's Make Some Noise.  If I played 2 Words, this is easy as I'll have lots of cards in hand.  If I got pinned, I get to bring back 8 cards, so I grab the 8 Divas.  Then I recur Kidney Punch over and over, removing 4 cards each time from ringside, and using that to discard to spin the wheel repeatedly.  Then I just have to avoid a backlash deck reversal to Divas Rule.  I kicked around squeezing Elimination Chamber into the prematch to spin up and possibly lock them out of mid-matches.

So I think the biggest hurdles I'm looking for help on are getting some F to stick and getting up to 22, dealing with Product Endorsements killing my SSV and midmatch reversals to WWE Divas Rule like Road to Victory... Any help is appreciated!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 03:41:31 AM by killercactus »

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 06:54:32 AM »
I'd say carlito is a must pack in today's game, to each his own though.

Out of Nowhere goes back to being a 25F action

'Your reach exceeds your grasp' would be a good midmatch and one I play in almost all decks, maybe 'this is going to be an old school brawl' as well.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 07:06:53 AM »
Don't be THAT guy kills the win mechanism dead here if I recall (could be wrong). Not that many people pack it but thought it was worth a mention.
I'm the wind, baby.

Online Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +241/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 07:14:08 AM »
Don't be THAT guy kills the win mechanism dead here if I recall (could be wrong). Not that many people pack it but thought it was worth a mention.

It does, and it turns up in Heat decks often enough.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Online Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +241/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 07:27:13 AM »
Also for reference:

Don't be "That" Guy!
Backstage Card
When packing this card, you can only pack 1 other non-Superstar-specific Backstage card that does not have 'shenanigans' in the title.  Cannot be packed by Doink or Andre the Giant.
Non-Superstar Specific non-reversal cards with the text 'you win the game' have blank text.  No player can play That's It or Goodnight, Everybody!
You may hide this card to completely reverse any card with "That's" in the title.
Unique

So basically the Divas: Next Gen would just be blank.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline killercactus

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 07:48:05 AM »
Got it, so i would need an alternate win con.

Also something I just thought of - LMSN says "must" discard, and the old Roulette Wheel is "may".  Does that kill the whole deck idea?

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 08:49:50 AM »
No, Let's Make Some Noise just has really old templating. If it was written in the modern style, it would say, "Whenever you discard cards, draw the same number of cards."
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 09:23:00 AM »
If you're going with a run-in theme don't forget the NWO Allegiance (NWO T-Shirt) which makes your run-ins -3.

You could also run CM Punk, Guest Ringside Announcer to make your non-unique actions -1.

BASH could potentially be an option to start you with Fortitude.

Egomaniacal is fantastic once you get it on the board. Maybe pair this win condition deck with a Burn theme? Old School Wrestling Match, Raw Allegiance, etc.

I'm the wind, baby.

Offline killercactus

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 11:22:00 AM »
If you're going with a run-in theme don't forget the NWO Allegiance (NWO T-Shirt) which makes your run-ins -3.

You could also run CM Punk, Guest Ringside Announcer to make your non-unique actions -1.

BASH could potentially be an option to start you with Fortitude.

Egomaniacal is fantastic once you get it on the board. Maybe pair this win condition deck with a Burn theme? Old School Wrestling Match, Raw Allegiance, etc.

I'm not planning on actually playing the run-ins except for WWE Divas Rule - I just need them in my hand when I play the last card.  NWO might be a bit excessive to just get WWE Divas Rule down to 19