Author Topic: Avatar upload  (Read 182 times)

Offline Null1

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« on: March 21, 2018, 06:19:17 AM »
Sorry to ask this, but is there a time that you have to wait before you upload an avatar?  I can't find it anywhere, but when I try to upload an avatar (from computer or url) I get the message 'The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.'

Thanks,
N1

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +484/-368
    • View Profile
Re: Avatar upload
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 07:11:38 AM »
I don't know what that issue is, but email me your avatar and I'll take care of it (provided it is within the guidelines of the site, etc. etc.)

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:18:22 AM »
The most common reason is a weird pathing issue occurred. Sometimes there is an issue if the website has to adjust anything whatsoever in files that the path to the attachment and/or avatar files can get derped.
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +484/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 09:51:12 AM »
Exactly, I had that issue with mine when we moved to the new host.  Just had to put in the new path and it cleared up the problem.

Though Null said the issue in his case was a disinterest in accepting an https link.  Either way, I got it fixed.  :)

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard