Author Topic: YES! YES! YES!  (Read 932 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
YES! YES! YES!
« on: March 20, 2018, 12:44:23 PM »
WWE.com reports Daniel Bryan is medically cleared to compete!!

The effect on Wrestlemania should be announced tonight on Smackdown.  Wow, even though there's a bazillion matches on this card, I'm really psyched for this show!

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +227/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
Re: YES! YES! YES!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 12:51:56 PM »
I saw this as well. I remain optimistic while also realizing that we won't be seeing anything resembling his Wrestlemania 30 run due to his long inactivity.  But I can hope...

ioi \o/ ioi \o/ ioi \o/ ioi \o/ 
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:53:33 PM »
...He better stop doing the flying headbutt.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »
Anyone who authorizes any wrestler in WWE to do that move should be fired, blacklisted, and beaten behind the arena.

Seeing the effects on Benoit, Marella, Bryan, and others.. it's just a @#$*& stupid move to be using.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 01:49:51 PM »
Welcome back Daniel Bryan!
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Online dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2018, 01:53:38 PM »
Anyone who authorizes any wrestler in WWE to do that move should be fired, blacklisted, and beaten behind the arena.

Seeing the effects on Benoit, Marella, Bryan, and others.. it's just a @#$*& stupid move to be using.

CREED

And anyone who does one without authorization should spend a full program jobbing to Señor Benjamin in squash matches. People, you have elbows for a reason.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 02:26:48 PM »

CREED

And anyone who does one without authorization should spend a full program jobbing to Señor Benjamin in squash matches. People, you have elbows for a reason.

Or fists, or knees, or legs, or feet, or even a torso.

If his brain is good, then this is good.
However, if you are expecting him to be the top guy and be in constant high-quality m arches every week, then you're nuts.  Even AJ Styles (a better all-around performer) doesn't do that because the damage it does to you; that's a lot of why these guys keep getting injured.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2018, 02:53:51 PM »
Oh, I'm all for that.  DBry can stay on as GM, but like Angle, once in a while he can actually wrestle and it'll be a big thing when he does.  Don't put him on the house show circuit, save it for PPVs etc.

CREED

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »
it's a shame they moved the Miz to Raw, he's the PERFECT opponent (not only in storyline, but Miz's style would be VERY safe for D-Bry too).....i just hope this doesn't lead to D-Bry vs Stunt show McMahon .....I'm done with Shane at this point.....

I hope this is more than just "clear him so he stays in WWE"
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Online dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2018, 03:45:49 PM »
it's a shame they moved the Miz to Raw, he's the PERFECT opponent (not only in storyline, but Miz's style would be VERY safe for D-Bry too).....i just hope this doesn't lead to D-Bry vs Stunt show McMahon .....I'm done with Shane at this point.....

Oh, don't worry about D-Bry vs. Shane. They're so much more likely to give you Bryan and Shane vs. KO and Zayn.  ;D

Honestly, given my druthers, I'd put D-Bry in a match where name value carries enough weight that nobody feels like they need to kill themselves for people to get their money's worth. Have a battle of the part-timers: Cena vs. Taker vs. Bryan. That way, you basically give Taker and Bryan half a match each against Cena, Bryan gets eased back into competition, and Taker gets a few rest spots so he doesn't completely grind himself into dust. I'm sure that's not what they'll do, but it's what I'd do with them.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 04:50:44 AM »

Oh, don't worry about D-Bry vs. Shane. They're so much more likely to give you Bryan and Shane vs. KO and Zayn.  ;D

Honestly, given my druthers, I'd put D-Bry in a match where name value carries enough weight that nobody feels like they need to kill themselves for people to get their money's worth. Have a battle of the part-timers: Cena vs. Taker vs. Bryan. That way, you basically give Taker and Bryan half a match each against Cena, Bryan gets eased back into competition, and Taker gets a few rest spots so he doesn't completely grind himself into dust. I'm sure that's not what they'll do, but it's what I'd do with them.

To take this idea a bit further - I would suggest the better idea here would be Cena/Bryan vs. Zayn/Owens - not only do you have a tag match with rest spots for Bryan and two good, safe workers, but you also give one of your other products (whichever show the Bellas are on now) something to talk about.  Have Cena/Bryan "make a mistake" and Owens/Zayn go over to put over those guys in a big spot, then you can spin off a Cena/Bryan rivalry.  Keeps both of them occupied - Cena stays away from title #17 a bit longer, and Bryan works with a trio of safe workers to start his comeback.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 07:33:57 AM »
So let me get this straight, he's cleared and first thing they do is have KO give him a ring apron power bomb? I mean, I know nobody (at least I've heard) has been hurt by it....but that's the part of the ring that has the least protection....

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 07:40:08 AM »
Kevin's been doing that move for years though, he knows how to execute it safely.  I used to be just a mean move he'd do mid-match, but WWE upgraded it to the MurderDeathKill bomb... :)

CREED

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2018, 07:51:33 AM »
And it's not like Daniel's -back- was the problem :D
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2018, 08:06:07 AM »
Kevin's been doing that move for years though, he knows how to execute it safely.  I used to be just a mean move he'd do mid-match, but WWE upgraded it to the MurderDeathKill bomb... :)

CREED

I....see....what... .you....did .....there......and not like that move was ever GAME OVER  :laugh: :laugh:

I don't expect the WWE to be smart about this anyway....but yeah I do cringe when D-Bry bumps

I think I could deal with Cena and D-Bry doing the Brotherly Love schtick, even though it means KO and Sami gonna lose (that seemed inevitable at this point....) but losing to those two is better than the Stuntman
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2018, 08:40:49 AM »
I guess it's better than the turnbuckle bomb...ugh, I still have flashbacks to sting v rollins...So ugly

And then they think it was smart to do it on the barricade with one of the hottest wrestlers at that time *facepalm*

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2018, 08:46:27 AM »
Agreed, on that one, even if it's just two freak accidents and the move is safe when done correctly... why bother when it has such a bad rep?

I like how now they do it at an angle on the top buckle, that seems a lot safer.

CREED

Offline ironteeth

• +5/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »
YES! Good to see him back.
And good way to get heat on KO and Zayn, who is excelling in his heel role. I always thought he was just gonna be a generic wwe heel.
Imagine the heat they would both get if DBry gets storyline "not cleared to compete" again after that vicious attack. I reckon that would make KO and Zayn the two most hated men in the wwe universe
Join the <R>evolution!