Author Topic: A Curious Resemblance (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion)  (Read 141 times)

Offline Queensryche

• +6/-1
    • View Profile
A Curious Resemblance (Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion)
« on: March 09, 2018, 05:32:37 PM »
So yesterday, Nintendo announced the "Octo Expansion" for Splatoon 2. This is likely going to be the thing that'll break my crippling addiction to Stardew Valley, because among other things, we're getting:

-New Single-Player Content
-New Gear
-New Stages
-PLAYABLE OCTOLINGS!!!!!

The video hyping up the single-player expansion can be viewed here.

But in rewatching the videos, I noticed something seemed familiar about both Pearl and Marina (the characters focused on from 0:38 to 0:46). I looked at it again, and then, to make sure it wasn't just me, I did some Googling, which confirmed my suspicions:

(Credit to @MexicanLuggy on Twitter)

After seeing this, I've come to the following conclusions:
-Inklings = East Coast
-Octarians = West Coast
-The Great Turf War between Inklings and Octarians was really a massive hip-hop beef
-DJ Octavio (Single-player final boss) is the one ultimately responsible for the Great Turf War, because he's the Splatoon version of Suge Knight, who sowed discord between Inklings and Octarians for lulz and profits.
-Pearl and Marina are going to die in drive-by shootings which will never be solved

Mind. Blown.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

"Tottenham are laughing at us!" - Dom, West Ham United fan, after Astra Giurgiu eliminated West Ham United from Europa (Entirely accurate statement).