Author Topic: Saturday Nights Main Event  (Read 173 times)

Offline ass_clown_2007

• +3/-4
    • View Profile
Saturday Nights Main Event
« on: March 06, 2018, 02:00:48 PM »
Maybe it's because I was born in the early 80s, but I find myself drawn to building a lot of the "Classic" virtual superstars (to varying degrees of success). I therefore am very frequently playing the WWF Allegiance, and directing my backlash builds accordingly.

When it comes to the Classic maneuvers, they are used much less frequently in my decks. But when the circumstances are right, I have been able to double the numbers in their text when successfully played with the allegiance card.

The final text on the card also adds that when your Classic maneuver is successful, your opponent discards 1 or removes 2 cards in his ringside from game. While it is clear that the opponent chooses which card to discard, or cards to remove, it is ambiguous in its wording as to which player makes the choice of area affected in the first place.

Other similar effects even sometimes use wording like: "your opponent may remove 2 cards in his ringside...if not, he discards..." or things to that effect.

As I plan to continue wearing my copies of Saturday Night's Main Event out in my many classic decks sure to come, I would like to know how all the details of the card text fully work.

Thanks for any help or clarity in advance!

Asking for a friend

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Re: Saturday Nights Main Event
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 05:43:26 PM »
The opponent chooses which option to take.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends