Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: nWo Hollywood  (Read 184 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +34/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: nWo Hollywood
« on: February 28, 2018, 02:27:21 AM »
Alright, here it is the return of Superstar Spotlight! Just for a refresher, if you are curious about ANY superstar send me a message and I'll spotlight your request. This will include Revolution superstars as well. I will also allow for previously done superstars to be revisited as well. This game changes with every set, so I have no issue with repeated superstars. That being said here is our next superstar.

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in nWo Hollywood!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight?  
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual 
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

nWo Hollywood
Starting Hand Size: 5     Superstar Value: 6
nWo Stable Superstar Ability:  During any player's turn when you successfully play an nWo or Superstar-specific card, draw 1 card.
When packing All Together Now, you can also pack nWo cards and Managed by Eric Bischoff.
You can pack 4 Life, nWo Black & White, nWo World Title Belt, Showstopper Chokeslam, Uncle Eric's Karate Kick, No Sell Maneuver, and Hollywood Hulk Hogan maneuvers.  You cannot pack Corners.  You are a Tag Team.
V6

Pointing Out Other nWo Members
Backstage Card
Your opponent's I'm Gonna Break You is blank.
Before playing a printed nWo Run-in card, you may overturn 2 cards and discard 2 cards; the played card is now a Heel card until the end of the turn, can be played as if it is not a Run-in for his effects, and ignore the 'Can only be played...' text.
Unique     RMS logo     nWo logo
V6

Strength in Numbers
Backstage Card
When All Together Now is in your Ring, your Heat cards are not removed from the game when you move a card from your Ringside.
Your Multi nWo Run-in cards are Chain and Volley: 4, and your Superstar-specific maneuvers are nWo cards.
Your opponent's The Numbers Game is blank.
V6

Hostile Takeover
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
Before your first turn of the game, choose one:  search your Arsenal for 2 cards, put them in your hand, and shuffle; OR look at your opponent's hand, choose 2 cards, and he removes one of the chosen cards from the game.
When you discard and overturn for Pointing Out Other nWo Members, reduce the number by 1.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     nWo logo
V8

nWo World Title Belt
Pre-match Object
Cannot be packed by The Immortal One.
This card does not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
Your Starting Hand Size is +2.
When your opponent is Andre the Giant, his Ability is blank.
Superstar Value +3     Universally Unique     nWo logo
V1

We Are In Control!
Mid-match Action + Action
Choose 1: draw # cards, put up to # cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal, or your opponent overturns # cards (where # is the number of nWo cards in your Ring).
F: 15     D:0     Unique     Multi     nWo logo
V6

Hogan's Patented Overhand Punch
Strike + Strike
Can only be reversed from your opponent's hand and Arsenal. 
F: 0     D: 5     Unique     Multi
UNF

Uncle Eric's Karate Kick
Strike + Strike / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -5F, you may put 1 non-unique card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
As a reversal, reverse any non-unique Mid-match card and end your opponent's turn. 
When successfully played, you may choose 1 different Enforcer. 
F: 5     D: 5     Unique     Multi     RAW logo
UNF

Hollywood's Big Boot
Strike / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, can only be played after the cards titled Irish Whip or Throw into the Corner Turnbuckle or if this is the first card played of your turn and you reversed a card to end your opponent’s last turn.
As a reversal, reverse the cards titled Irish Whip or Throw into the Corner Turnbuckle and end your opponent’s turn.
F: 5     D: 10     SV: 2     Unique
SUM, SS2
   ---OR---
Hollywood's Big Boot - Throwback
Strike 
When successfully played, you may put 1 Backlash deck card from your Ringside pile into your Backlash deck or you may put the card titled I Am a Real American from your Ringside pile into your Ring area. 
F: 5     D: 10     Unique
RR

Showstopper Chokeslam
Grapple / Reversal: Strike
As a reversal, reverse any Strike maneuver and end your opponent's turn.
F: 20     D: 12     SV: 2     Unique
MA, SS2, SS3

Hollywood Leg Drop
Trademark Finisher
Cannot be reversed, even by the card titled When You Thought You Had All the Answers...
Can only be played after a maneuver with the words "big boot," "clothesline," or "slam" in the title.
Your opponent cannot play the card titled Over Sell Maneuver immediately after this card.
When successfully played, you may search your Arsenal for the card titled Go For the Cover!, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal. 
F: 25     D: 15     Unique
SUM, SS2
   ---OR---
Hollywood Leg Drop - Throwback
Trademark Finisher + Trademark Finisher
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver. 
F: 40     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique     Multi     RMS logo
RR

Steiner Recliner - Throwback
Trademark Finisher
Can only be played when you have an nWo card in your Ring.
Shuffle up to 3 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal, and when your next card played this turn is Maintain Hold, ignore the 'Can only be played...' text.
During your turn when this card is in your Ringside, you may put it on the bottom of your Arsenal, and draw 1 card.
F: 35     D: 20     SV: 2     Unique     nWo logo
V6

Outsider Edge
Trademark Finisher + Trademark Finisher
Cannot be packed by Kevin Nash or nWo Wolfpack, or when packing Razor's Edge.  The Fortitude of this card cannot be lowered.
When you have 8 or more nWo non-Pre-Match cards in your Ring, you win the game via Pinfall Victory.
F: 40     D: 20      SV: 3     Unique     Multi     nWo logo
V6

Help From The Disciple
Reversal: Special: Run-in
Reverse any non-maneuver card; when that card is Superstar-specific, your opponent overturns 2 cards, and when it was Unique, he discards 2 cards.
F: 13     D: 0     Unique     nWo logo
V6

Buff Bagwell Interferes
Action: Heat / Reversal: Special: Heat
As an action, this card is -8F. Draw 1 card.
As a reversal, ignore any reversal restrictions from a card, reverse any Activated Card Effect or any non-Superstar-specific card with Momentum or a reversal restriction.
ACE: During your turn, you may discard 2 cards and then shuffle this card into your Arsenal.
F: 8      D: 0     Unique     nWo logo
V6

nWo Black & White
Action
Put up to 1 Action card and up to 1 Reversal card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
F: 2     D: 0     Unique     nWo logo
SUM

4 Life!
Action 
Shuffle 3 cards from your Ringside pie into your Arsenal, and then draw 3 cards.
F: 4     D: 0     Unique     nWo logo
SUM

The Perfect Swerve
Action
Your opponent searches his Arsenal for 1 non-Superstar-specific card, reveals it, puts it in his hand, and shuffles. He reveals his hand, you choose 2 cards that were not searched for, and he removes them from the game.  
ACE: During your turn you may put this card into your Backstage Area and then put 1 of your cards removed from the game into your hand.
F: 14     D: 0     Unique     nWo logo
V7
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: nWo Hollywood
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:28:43 AM »
1.)  How viable is this superstar?

They are of the most flexible dark horse superstars in Raw Deal, trait wise. Sure, you're restricted to NWO and Chain, Heat and Volley but that isn't a bad thing. Instead of going one route on a vanilla basis you're free to mix in one or two of the others and play around with it. Remember, "Cheater" text works for All Together Now.

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight?

Strength in Numbers
Backstage Card
When All Together Now is in your Ring, your Heat cards are not removed from the game when you move a card from your Ringside.
Your Multi nWo Run-in cards are Chain and Volley: 4, and your Superstar-specific maneuvers are nWo cards.
Your opponent's The Numbers Game is blank.
V6

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?

I built them upon release straight vanilla Heat. It was boring and didn't work well. When I build them again I'm going Chain and Volley to empty the hand and nuke the ringside per NWO Poison.

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

I think they'd fare equally well in all formats, honestly.

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

As mentioned above, straight Heat isn't a fantastic idea; I'd combo it with Chain and or Volley. Just don't muddle your deck with too many decent ideas because then you won't succeed at any of them. Chain/Volley is where it's at; I just wish you could pack Handicap Match with All Together Now. :(

(Flurry of Finishers works though!)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:52:22 AM by Drywall »
I'm the wind, baby.