Author Topic: [NO SPOILERS] Black Panther  (Read 138 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +482/-368
    • View Profile
[NO SPOILERS] Black Panther
« on: February 16, 2018, 12:06:26 AM »
Just came from Black Panther, really enjoyed it.  On par with Marvel's films of late, very enjoyable, lots of action, good characters, incredible visuals, continuity, all that.

I'd give it a solid A grade, not quite an A+ as it felt like I knew where we were going at times, though the journey was fully enjoyable.  Definitely worth it IMO.

There's two scenes at the end after the credits roll, but nothing jaw-dropping.

Oh, and there was a trailer for Solo, which comes out in May.  Looks great, definitely going to check out the prequel/origin for Han, heh.

VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline deadend7786

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: [NO SPOILERS] Black Panther
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 03:38:04 PM »
I agree with your assessments; saw it last night as well. It's definitely in my top 10 superhero movies for sure.

9.5/10, would see again.

Offline Eric RD

• +12/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 04:06:56 PM »
When it was over, I wasn't completely sold on the film. I had only seen the trailers for it and nothing more, so the departure from the usual Marvel films caught me off guard. Now that I've been able to sleep on it, I can agree it was a great film. Good story beats that had substance behind them. The antagonist had motive that you could believe but a route that you wouldn't agree with. I would recommend anyone to go see this film. It addresses issues that society faces today, and I feel has something that can change the Marvel Universe going forward.
Backlash Podcast 12 - The Rocking Chair

Backlash Podcast - A Raw Deal conversation - available every other Tuesday on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 11:35:23 PM »
Great film.
Strong  cast,good effects,good soundtrack.

Best moment(non spoiler):
Taking onevof the most sterotypically racist characters in the history of Marvel Comics and making him a bonafide BADASS
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."