Author Topic: A few clarification questions  (Read 177 times)

Offline deadend7786

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
A few clarification questions
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:57:48 PM »
1.  Does Divine Intervention or You missed your chance, stop Premier WWE Superstar?
     - Also, is Premier WWE superstar "overturn" one card at a time, or is it just one lump sum?

2.  Does Divine Intervention stop damage I'm taking from reversals, or cards such as "go for the cover" ?

Just started playing for the first time with my gf, and the wording for this game is quite tricky...or I'm overthinking things.  :)

Thanks,

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
Re: A few clarification questions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:42:16 AM »
1. Would need card text, I believe DI is a no, not sure on Missed Your Chance. The reversal needs to reference the prematch in order to work.

You over turn one at a time to determine whether you've overturned an applicable reversal, and once you have you stop.

2. Nothing stops damage from reversals that I'm aware of, l the closest thing is reducing damage with something like Sustained Damage. To answer for Go For The Cover, I'd need card text.

Online dilbert505

• +47/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:00:03 AM »
The wording of Premiere WWF/E Superstar is very old, and therefore very shoddy. As written, it is not "overturn," but "put X cards," and there is no effect in the game that stops it (short of the Shenanigans card that blanks the card.)

http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,10661.msg126847.html#msg126847 - Daeva confirms that here, and explicitly references You Missed Your Chance.

You cannot reverse a reversal, except with two very specific cards from way early in the game's history (Disqualification and Ref KOed) that specifically state that you can.

45/150
Go For the Cover!
Action
Can only be played after a 12D or greater maneuver.
Cannot be reversed.
Your opponent overturns cards from his Arsenal into his Ringside pile until he has overturned 3 Reversal cards. End your turn.
Your opponent may put the card titled Kick Out! from his Ring area into his Ringside pile OR discard the card titled Kick Out! from his hand as a F:0 effect to ignore the text of this card.
F: 12   D: 0

67/172
Go For the Cover!
Mid-match Action + Action
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver and when your Fortitude Rating is greater than your opponent's Fortitude Rating.
Your opponent may remove the card titled Kick Out! in his Ring area from the game. If he does not, he overturns cards until he overturns 3 non-hybrid Reversal cards.
Throwback
Multi
F: 1      D: 0 

40/TK (F) Divine Intervention
Reversal: Special
When overturned, completely reverse any card (even if it cannot be reversed) or any card effect and end your opponent’s turn. This card is removed from the game.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, if your opponent successfully plays an Action card, you may put this card on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Unique
F: 0 D: 0

Divine can, however, reverse "any card effect," and therefore will reverse either version of Go for the Cover on overturn. As a side note, as Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic k alluded to, Divine does not say that it works during the prematch, so it does not reverse overturn effects during the prematch.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline deadend7786

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 07:58:25 PM »
Thank you guys!