Author Topic: Must pack for prematch  (Read 231 times)

Offline krillin678

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Must pack for prematch
« on: February 23, 2018, 09:10:32 AM »
Hey all,

Was just wondering what are the generic prematch cards that are a must pack that you guys and gals think are must haves?  I know it can vary from deck to deck but I am thinking that the flanked by security is one of those not always played but good for emergency prematch cards.

Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Must pack for prematch
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:19:45 AM »
The only "must-pack" non-specific Pre to me are:

Making Your Escape
My Game, My Way (could also be mid)

If I'm serious about winning games, both of those are in my deck, because they save your tail end from a lot of random jank.  After that, it's dependent on what you're trying to do with your deck and what superstar you're against. EDIT: you are.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:33:44 AM by BigPimpin »
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 09:20:01 AM »
I can't say that I have generic must-pack prematch cards. My general plan is to figure out what I want the deck to do, then pick what guides me in that direction. I will say that if I have a superstar who runs a lot of specific prematch cards, I try to find some way to pack the TB Undisputed Title to make them all free. Along those lines, if I'm looking to fill slots with generically useful things, I may put in the NWO package, since NWO cards all become free, or if I have a Legend or Classic WWF superstar, I'll pack SNME and some Classic WWF logo cards like Mean Gene.

Other cards I commonly pack when I have a slot:

A No Show
Frankie Takes Ho-llywood (which is generally what I swap in for No Show)
My Game, My Way
Tech in a Bottle
Handicap Match TB
Managed by Vince McMahon OR One of the Big Boys (since you can't pack Big Boys and McMahon cards together)
Banned from Ringside
Raw IC Title or IC Title TB + Champ is Here
Through All of These Years

Basically, my most "generic" packs are ways to get up to 12 prematch played, which is a large part of the reason why Flanked doesn't appear on my list (unless I have a lot of ways to keep my cards from taking a slot.) Flanked is good if you're prepared to not use your maximum number of slots, but my tendency is to drop 12 if I can find a way to do it.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 09:46:48 AM »
The Old Switcheroo
Rules Were Meant to be Broken
Old School Cage Match
Managed by Shane O' Mac TB
Tech In a Bottle
World Wrestling Federation Hardcore Title Throwback
The Heenan Family
I'm the wind, baby.