Author Topic: The Rocking Chair  (Read 178 times)

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
The Rocking Chair
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:42:42 PM »
The Rocking Chair
Pre-match Object
Cannot be blanked.
Put Bray Wyatt from your Backstage Area on top of this card.
During your turn, when your Arsenal contains 15 or less cards, you may put Bray Wyatt from on top of this card into your Backstage Area revealed; that Ability is added to your Ability.
When your opponent moves a non-Superstar-specific card from his Ringside without playing a card or Activating a Stipulation, you may draw 1 card.
F: 0      D: 0     Unique     Permanent

If someone uses the effects of I Can’t Be Reading This Right, the Opponent is removing one card and picking up the ICBRTR.

Bray would draw 2 cards?

Same for Back Body Drop to pick up a set up? Draw 2 cards?

Would the same apply for Once Again Kissing Up to the Fans, where you remove 8 cards to search for a cheater or Fan Fav? Draw 8?

I suppose it comes down to: Is “remove” the same as “move”?

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: The Rocking Chair
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 01:43:44 AM »
"Move" is when a card goes from one zone directly to another zone. Removing a card from the game is moving it, as long as it was in a zone to begin with (so in other words, not going through its Timing Sequence).

Easy litmus test: if Cell would block it, it counts as a movement for Rocking Chair.

I Can't Be Reading This Right... and Back Body Drop TB both entail two movements from Ringside. Rocking Chair allows a draw for each movement, not each effect, so Rocking Chair would trigger twice.

And yeah, removing 8 cards for Once Again, Kissing Up To The Fans would be eight movements.

Thanks to the errata on Rocking Chair, each discrete movement effect allows 1 card drawn for the Wyatts, no matter how many cards are moved for that effect.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 04:36:56 PM by Daeva »
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.