Author Topic: FFTCG North American Circuit  (Read 178 times)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
FFTCG North American Circuit
« on: February 08, 2018, 06:58:23 PM »
Last year, the Final Fantasy TCG was an instant hit in North America. So much so that SquareEnix was caught completely off-guard and thus had no contingency plans for an organized competitive circuit. This resulted in Nationals being open entry..........and also limited to 200 participants. Needless to say, a LOT of people were unhappy. The fact that it was open entry also probably explains the poor performance of the four guys that qualified from North America at Worlds.

Thankfully, SquareEnix figured out that they REALLY need to organize things and today announced the competitive series for the game.

Details can be found here.

My thoughts: YES!!! GENCON!!! I've been wanting to go to GenCon, and now I have the means to be able to do so. Thing is though, I wanted to go provided there was a good enough reason for me to attend. With there being two Crystal Cup events, the reason is there. So as of now, I plan to attend GenCon and enter in both of the events. Maybe I can meet up with some of you guys who are attending.

Regarding the Local Qualifiers, I know my local store is trying to get one there. Considering that we're the hub for FFTCG in the Tri-State area, I think we'll get it. I do plan on attending that too.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:43:47 PM by Queensryche »
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.