Author Topic: Voice of the Voiceless vs. Legendary Management  (Read 355 times)

Online BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Voice of the Voiceless vs. Legendary Management
« on: February 07, 2018, 02:46:48 AM »
The Voice of the Voiceless     (CM Punk logo)
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.  Your CM Punk-specific cards do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
Your opponent cannot Activate cards or play non-Superstar-specific reversals of D:3+ in response to your maneuvers with 'shoot' in the title.  When you successfully play a maneuver with 'shoot' in the title, draw 1 card.
When you have at least 5 lower Fortitude and your maneuver with 'shoot' in the title is unsuccessfully played, you may put I'm Straight-Edge from your Backlash into your Ring.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

If I have VotV in my Ring and my opponent has Jimmy Hart/Legendary Management in his Ringside, can he use the effect of Jimmy Hart/Legendary Management from his Ringside in order to reverse a Shoot Headlock?  Or is that considered "activating a card" for VotV?

Managed by “The Mouth of the South” Jimmy Hart
Pre-match Manager
Can only be packed by a Legend Superstar.
When this card is in your Ring area, you may put this card into your Ringside pile to completely reverse any non-unique maneuver and end your opponent’s turn.
When this card is in your Ringside pile, you may remove this card from the game to reverse any non-unique maneuver and end your opponent’s turn.
 (Activated Card Effect Symbol)
Universally Unique
F: 0 D: 0
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +486/-368
    • View Profile
Re: Voice of the Voiceless vs. Legendary Management
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 08:26:54 AM »
Activate is short for using an Activated Card Effect.  One of the definitions of an ACE is that it is in your Ring, so this is not an ACE, and it is fully legal to remove Jimmy from Ringside to reverse.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online riothebeast

• +1/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:08:48 AM »
Im not so sure if that is correct. In the omnifaq if you look at the term ringside under there it says cards in the ringside can be "activated." I could be missing something but could we get more clarification of how jimmy is not activated?

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +240/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:16:55 AM »
Should post the FAQ entry:

Ringside (Pile)
NOTE: Cards in Revolution now refer to ‘Ringside’ instead of ‘Ringside pile’ - the terms refer to the same thing and are interchangeable.
-One of the zones of the game
-This area of the game is public knowledge; any other player may ask to review the contents of your Ringside pile.  A card moved from the Ringside pile is open to view by any player.
-Cards can have an effect that is activated if they are in the Ringside Pile, but only if they specifically state how they interact with the Ringside pile.
-Cards can be played from the Ringside Pile.  These cards specifically state how they are played.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +486/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 09:27:38 AM »
Activate is short for using an Activated Card Effect.  One of the definitions of an ACE is that it is in your Ring, so this is not an ACE, and it is fully legal to remove Jimmy from Ringside to reverse.

Repeating this as it is still correct.

The OmniFAQ entry predates the use of 'Activated' in card text, and is not applicable as such.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 09:53:59 AM »
Follow-up question, and this comes from the VirtualFAQ entry on The Hitman (emphasis mine)

The Hitman
-The Hitman player may activate this card any number of times during a turn. EXAMPLE: If Bret named The Three Amigos, he could discard 1 card to reverse that card three times, all in the same turn.

Am I correct in saying that the intentional use of the capital A in Voice of the Voiceless was to define it as targeting Activated Card Effects (as formally defined) as opposed to the word "activate" used here to describe using The Hitman's reversal effect?
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +486/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 10:21:50 AM »
Please stop quoting 'activate' in FAQs, everyone.

Using the game term "Activate" on a card isn't the same as a general verb 'activate' in FAQ entries before the adoption of the game term.

This applies to all of them, individual examples don't change this.

Locking this, to prevent further instances of the same questions.  No hard feelings, any curtness is due to being insanely busy, to protect all the snowflakes from getting their feelings hurt and seeking safe spaces, etc etc disclaimer etc.  :D

CREED
Lock