Offline Hogtrail

• +14/-3
    • View Profile
Sandman
« on: February 05, 2018, 07:26:23 PM »
Sandman's Singapore Stash
Backstage Card
Can only be packed by Sandman.
Twice during each of your turns, you may discard 1 card and then play 1 card from your hand face-down; while played, it is considered to have the same card type, text, title and Damage as a maneuver in your Backstage Area.
Your face-down cards are considered to be titled Struck by a Kendo Stick instead and are Foreign Objects.
Unique     RMS logo     ECW logo
V6

If I play a modified face down kendo stick, and my opponent plays Restricted Use, what becomes of the played face down card?

Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +312/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Sandman
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:37:19 PM »
Restricted Use disregards all modifications to the card in question until the end of the turn, so Sandman's Singapore Stash can't reapply the Kendo Stick template to it, no matter how many times it tries. The net result is that the card being played in the Timing Sequence that used to be a Kendo Stick now isn't... anything. Your opponent can reverse it with anything that tags a card, or a non-Unique card, or a non-maneuver card, etc., or something that reverses a card by specific title if the card that you're using for the face-down has that specific title. (For example, if you used a Superkick face-down as a Kendo Stick, 360-Degree Clothesline would be a legal reversal in this edge case.)

If the card isn't reversed, it applies no text, nor damage (because it has none), and would count as a successfully played card for follow-ups, but not as a maneuver.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Hogtrail

• +14/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Sandman
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 08:01:21 PM »
This may be the best answer I've ever read on these boards. Thank you!
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!