Author Topic: The next set has the potential to be one of the biggest sets in the Virtual line  (Read 4476 times)

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
Just think of the possibilities.

Finn Balor
Shinske Nakamura
Bobby Roode
Asuka
Alex Bliss
The Revival
The Bar(Cesaro/Sheamus)
Maybe with the talk of Batista coming back a Batista remake as well

What do you guys think?

Offline Scotty

• +50/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Yep! Lots of potential for future sets, but we just barely got V8 and an awesome holiday set. I still have at least 5-6 guys from those sets I want to build first. I’m in no rush for another set just yet!

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +240/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
I dunno have you seen V5? 500 cards and tons of star power as well.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-369
    • View Profile
I think there's way too much assumption in the original post, heh.

Also, 500 cards was a terrible idea, we've had to revise SO MUCH of it.  Bigger isn't always better.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
Im just a bit excited for what the future holds for Virtual Raw Deal.

On a random note when we eventually get Finn it would be cool if we had Balor on one side and the Demon on the other side. Just a thought  :)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-369
    • View Profile
That would be up to the player, documents can only be printed on one side.  If someone wanted to figure out how to do that on their own (probably just glue one to each side of a card) that'd be up to them.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline riothebeast

• +2/-7
    • View Profile
Did someone say batista? Man idk ive been spoiled so far with v8 and batista. I dont know if i can handle that much joy for a new face.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-369
    • View Profile
Plus we've said repeatedly that we aren't looking backwards for a while.  Too many new faces coming in to repackage the old ones.

CREED

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +11/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
Any thoughts of giving Revo a little love? Need not be superstars, but maybe deck building cards to spice up the game. VR5 deck building was really good in changing the meta. Looking forward to something like that in the near future :)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-369
    • View Profile
No plans for Revo, the demand is for Classic on the whole.  We'll see how it looks in another year or two though.

CREED

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
New Shelton support :) I mean with some gable cards since they are a tag team right now

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +11/-3
    • View Profile
No plans for Revo, the demand is for Classic on the whole.  We'll see how it looks in another year or two though.

CREED

Aww thats sort of a bummer. There are new players picking up the format from Canada and US,  thought a few revo cards would continue the wave. Even so, can we have at least some promo that can be released during and after gencon, similar to the PPVs :)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-369
    • View Profile
I'll be honest.  I can't speak for everyone, but it does get a little tiring supplying people with things, and still seeing people with their hand out who don't take 'No' for an answer.  It will probably be one of the factors that finally sees the train of free cards and sets run out of steam, just being blunt about it.

I'm glad to hear there's a resurgence in Revolution play, and VR5 was designed to bring about significant changes to the environment, and give Superstars that will keep people busy for quite some time.  Ultimately though, it's a secondary interest for the playerbase as a whole.  Essentially, we're supporting two games and trying to balance a third that combines the first two.... all for zero income for our efforts (and a bit of expense on my end, haha).

So - please, be considerate.  It's great to hear what people are interested in, those 'top 5 guys I wanna see' lists are neat every so often, and good for gauging how close we are to the pulse of what people are interested in.  But the guys who listed 30 people, or who expect new content for specifically what they're interested in above everything else.. that's just not feasible.  It wasn't when the game was in print, and much less so now.

Just some sage words of advice for everyone, not trying to specifically make anyone feel bad.  We're happy to see that game which went out of print in 2007 has stuck around for another 10 years, and doubled the number of Superstars in it.  We'll keep it going a while longer, at least, as long as there's enough interest to warrant it.

So yeah, let's hear it - who are people interested in seeing out of the new faces that have come up?

CREED

Offline Hogtrail

• +14/-3
    • View Profile

So yeah, let's hear it - who are people interested in seeing out of the new faces that have come up?

CREED

Out of those not listed by the OP, Samoa Joe comes to mind.
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
Newer stars I'd like to see

1. Bobby Roode
2. Finn Balor
3. Shinsuke Nakamura
4. Asuka
5. Samoa Joe

And maybe for a promo star.....WOKEN Matt Hardy!

Seeing as Matt Hardy already has a million cards you don't have to do a full set obviously, a Superstar card obviously limiting what cards he can pack, and a couple WOKEN cards....bada bing....bada boom!

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 12:35:10 AM by The Hurricane »
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline drjschell

• TCO Donor
  • +20/-37
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
Well... I really like the idea that XtremeWRATH had about Balor... that sounds cool... to have Balor on one side and The Demon King on the other, maybe with some cool Backstage mechanism that flips it at a certain time. You could print both cards and pack them in a clear sleeve back to back. You would have to decide on which to start the match with based on the opposing abilities, and then something good or bad triggers the change, whatever the creators decide. That sounds really fun.

That being said about Balor... I really agreed with The Hurricane's Top 5 WISH list for the most part, with Roode being the least favorite for me.

My Houston League, the P6 Peeps, would really like to see:
1) Enzo Amore (although his future is all but dead in the WWE now going forward, I seriously hope he is innocent), he was a lot of fun.
2) Bo Dallas (Don't ask me why, but ever since his logo was included on that V8 card, we have a couple of guys salivating, lol)
3) Nia Jax  (Another couple of managers in my league would love to build her)

...and I know you said no old guys Creed, but these next 2 suggestions are very relevant in 2017 & 2018 WWE:

4) Kurt Angle / RAW GM
5) Shane McMahon / Commissioner

Honorable mentions : Elias & Jason Jordan

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-369
    • View Profile
Enzo is a no-go for us, sorry.  A shame from a design standpoint, as the guy created tons of material.  But we're not even a little bit comfortable with including him in the game.

As far as 'old guys', I didn't say they weren't relevant, I just said we weren't making them any time soon.  :)

Bo Dallas could be interesting though, and Nia Jax has potential, once we get a few other female Superstars into the game who have accomplished more than Nia has.

As to Mr. Bálor... suffice to say we have a plan.  ;)

CREED

Offline drjschell

• TCO Donor
  • +20/-37
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
I want to say something, just in case there is any doubt how we feel down here in Houston about TCO.

I know we gave you guys so much praise when we first joined TCO 7 years ago after we started playing and appreciating REV 4 & REV 5, but we haven't said how much we appreciate you guys recently for ALLLLL that you do year round for RAW DEAL across the world. I speak for all of my fellow P6 Peeps in Houston, when I say we sincerely appreciate you guys beyond what words can express.
We have been playing here for the better part of 16 years... ever since our P6 Peeps founders were handed their first promotional cards of the Rock and Stone Cold by Mike and Barron themselves at WWF Fan Access, the day before the greatest Wrestlemania of all time, Wrestlemania 17 here in Houston. And thanks to YOUR efforts and passion at TCO Virtual.. we have new generations of RAW DEAL managers playing with us now and the game lives on, stronger than ever!

What TCO has been able to accomplish to not only keep RAW DEAL alive and kicking, but to take the foundation that Barron and Mike laid, and build and evolve the game into a much broader scope of play, with strong balance. You guys have went through painstaking efforts to constantly go back and repair broken superstars and give other weaker superstars the boost they need to compete with today's stars.

The look of the Virtual cards to me is nothing short of works of art. I don't know how many other TCO members have ever tried to learn Corel Paintshop or other graphics software, and then to try to create a Superstar or Virtual card.... but I am one of those TCO Members... I have even had a few cards good enough to be adopted and revamped by the Virtual Team here and released in a few sets (Mae Young's She's a Diva-saurus! & "...the Sweeter the Juice!", and Mexicool's Juan Deere Tractor to name a couple).... and I can tell all of you that don't already know, that it takes a heck of a lot of time, effort and commitment to design and create EACH of these beautiful cards that the Virtual TCO Team works tirelessly to provide for us all.

Now, the creative aspects of the cards that come out each set, are also nothing short of brilliant. I am not sure who the main brainchild or two is at TCO that comes up with the Superstar abilities and new arsenal and backstage cards, but I am amazed at how they always seem to have something fresh and fun to offer, with a new spin on a rule or deck building override... and they almost always make the abilities and Superstars play in a way that is fitting to their in-ring personas and true to kayfabe. This creative team really manages to show off how awesome RAW DEAL really is and what the true potential is of this BEAST of a CCG!
Do you see other CCGs coming up with fresh ideas that are rarely redundant like TCO does? Look at Pokemon for example.... all they do is release 3 new sets a year (which is almost the same speed as our TCO Virtual Raw Deal brothers do), and yet all the creators of Pokemon do, is keep recycling abilities and trainers over and over to different characters set after set, stealing all the creative aspects from previous releases, which is super boring.... and NOTHING COMPARED to what the TCO team produces each year FOR FREE!!!

It is still NOTHING short of amazing what you guys do and have done consistently over the past decade. And the fact that you police things too and keep everyone up to date on rules and card conflicts,... and you go back and errata cards to reflect updates and minimize loopholes or exploitations,... and the art team updates the artwork and offers alternate Superstar artwork to reflect changes to wrestlers in the current WWE all the time... it's overwhelming what you have done.... It really is, ESPECIALLY when you put into perspective the salaries you all take home from TCO to do all this, lol.. which is N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Sometimes we think about you guys locked up in a basement somewhere creating Raw Deal cards all day, wondering what happened to your spouses, children, and loved ones?... wondering if your catching as much grief from all of them over your unwavering devotion to RAW DEAL, as much as the rest of us managers, who are merely playing the game and enjoying all the fruit of your labors, have over the years.

Soooo...... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.... THANK YOU ALL... Thank you CREED, DAEVA, MITCH, TIM ... and all the unsung heroes of the TCO Virtual Raw Deal Team whose names I don't know.... for this decade of brilliance and the evolution of one of the greatest CCGs ever made... you have brought and continue to bring countless hours of fun, smack talk, and rules arguments to us here in Houston!

-Jay / P6 Commish

P.S.: I am serious CREED, sign me up as an official TCO Donor. I have been asking you for years, but I finally want to put my money where my mouth is and do my part to help the movement, the cause, the fight, .... and better late then never.... lol.. so on behalf of the P6 Peeps, thank you again and tell me where to send my donation!!!   :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:49:11 PM by drjschell »

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +11/-3
    • View Profile
No offence taken Creed. As players we get carried away. You've been doing this for such a long time, I think you know too damn well we are appreciative of all the effort you and your crew put into the game. Heck, I even donated twice.. Guess I get a tag then?? ;)

That said, we are really passionate about the format so feel free and PM us if you need help with idea generation, playtesting, or general feedback as a whole. We want to do more than just mention some names or donate, and without a doubt that's what everyone will be willing to do too regardless of format, play style or region.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +115/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Just for my edification... what folks from NXT/205 Live are folks wanting to play in Raw Deal?
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
I know there are going to be lists of 10-30 people from some guys so I'll keep mine short. 5 people I feel is fair.

In order:

Pete Dunn
Tye Dillinger
Aiden English
Chad Gable
Kassius Ohno

I kept this NXT heavy as I'll be quite honest: Raw and Smackdown have been awful for awhile. I hope things change soon.

Pizza is life, pizza is love.

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +11/-3
    • View Profile
1. Jack Gallagher - unique character and unorthodox wrestling style
2. Drew Gulak - wasn't a fan of him at the start, but boy did his powerpoint presentation sway my decision!
3. Cedric Alexander - Probably the main highlight of 205live now and for the near future

Offline CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
Just for my edification... what folks from NXT/205 Live are folks wanting to play in Raw Deal?

JACK GALLAGHER!!!!!
I man-crushed on that dude since the CWC!!!

....sorry I'm done now  :laugh: :laugh:

I do like Dizzy's Pete Dunn suggestion he's the most fun wrestler on TV now (except maybe Shayna the arm breaker on nXt)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile

JACK GALLAGHER!!!!!
I man-crushed on that dude since the CWC!!!

....sorry I'm done now  :laugh: :laugh:

I do like Dizzy's Pete Dunn suggestion he's the most fun wrestler on TV now (except maybe Shayna the arm breaker on nXt)

If I had it my way my list would be:

Pete Dunn
Brian Kendrick
Pete Dunn
Tyler Bate
Oh, and Pete Dunn
Pizza is life, pizza is love.

Offline CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
If I had it my way my list would be:

Pete Dunn
Brian Kendrick
Pete Dunn
Tyler Bate
Oh, and Pete Dunn

I feel the bizarre need to call this the European Pirates section I have no real reason as to why  :laugh:
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!