Author Topic: The next set has the potential to be one of the biggest sets in the Virtual line  (Read 10664 times)

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
2. Drew Gulak - wasn't a fan of him at the start, but boy did his powerpoint presentation sway my decision!

Is it weird that I like Drew Gulak mainly because he reminds me of Jason Sudeikis and because he uses a dragon sleeper with body scissors (The Gu-Lock) as a finishing move?

He could also totally be a distant relative of Ross Geller from Friends.
Pizza is life, pizza is love.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
Just for my edification... what folks from NXT/205 Live are folks wanting to play in Raw Deal?
A very good question indeed, I think... :)

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
Just for my edification... what folks from NXT/205 Live are folks wanting to play in Raw Deal?

TJ Perkins and Brian Kendrick are top choices for me

Offline Dr_phillanomics

• +3/-1
    • View Profile
Honestly, Creed and co could call it a day and never make another Virtual set again. While that would indeed be a sad day, I could go on playing Virtual Raw Deal happily with a huge variety of decks to test and play. They've balanced the game to damn near perfection now and they've given us matchups we thought we'd never see. Other than the odd attitude era midcarder that didn't make the cut, we have almost everything we need. Except Head-Cheese Damnit! Lol
The smartest man in Royal Rumble history.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Hey I finally got a Steve Blackman logo on a card, that took a lot of work! :D
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline drjschell

• TCO Donor
  • +21/-39
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
Honestly, Creed and co could call it a day and never make another Virtual set again. While that would indeed be a sad day, I could go on playing Virtual Raw Deal happily with a huge variety of decks to test and play. They've balanced the game to damn near perfection now and they've given us matchups we thought we'd never see. Other than the odd attitude era midcarder that didn't make the cut, we have almost everything we need. Except Head-Cheese Damnit! Lol

Well said Doctor (Dr_phillanomics)..... but if you get a Head-Cheese card for Al Snow and Steve Blackman, or even better, Chester McCheesy, lol.... then I want a Dink card for Doink, after all... Finley got Hornswaggle, lol... THEN they can pull a Steve Austin and take their ball and go home.... hehehe
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 07:38:04 PM by drjschell »

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
Tell ya what, I'll make this promise to you guys.  Whenever the time comes that we just can't muster up the ambition and/or time for more sets, I will make sure that Steve Blackman is finally made.

(And no, don't list everyone ever hoping I'll squeeze them in too, heh)  Tim's done so much for this game, not just in the visual component, but laying out some great designs like The Shield & Wyatt Family plus their individual members.  All he's really asked for is Bayley and Steve Blackman, and we're halfway there.  :D

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline maskedllama

• +63/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
I would love a Drew Gulak.  Better make a rude Cedric Alexander to constantly interrupt Drew's PowerPoint Presentation. Ummmm..... Gallagher is unique as well. Ummmmm,..... Two more...errr.. Loiue Valle would be nice, well, for me. Don't know if anyone else would like to see him, but he just reminds me of someone. Can't quite place it.   OH and for the last one.  Rich Swann!!
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
YES!

So someday at some point in time we will finally have Steve Blackman. Now to just sit back and wait patiently lol

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
Creed-

I apologize if this has been suggested before (I'm still newbs to this place) but has there ever been a thought of doing much smaller, more frequent releases? Like say every 2 months there's one new superstar? I'm not trying to sound all super greedy but I don't have my head behind the curtain; I don't know if this would make things easier/less stressful on the team or would just create a headache in the long term.

Yeah, those numbers could be tweaked for sure but I think it's a decent thought.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
...Yeah that's not a good look. We already took to doing little sets for the holidays, as a smaller, more frequent release schedule.

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
...Yeah that's not a good look. We already took to doing little sets for the holidays, as a smaller, more frequent release schedule.

I hear you, loud and clearish.

How about doing little sets for the holidays as a smaller, more frequent release schedule?

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
:D I mean, at this point we've put out 2 sets a year for the past 3 years, one 'big' release, one 'holiday set'. Trying to fit in  in more than that would be a lot, and ultimately releasing one-two superstars every couple months instead would oddly be -less- content overall

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
:D I mean, at this point we've put out 2 sets a year for the past 3 years, one 'big' release, one 'holiday set'. Trying to fit in  in more than that would be a lot, and ultimately releasing one-two superstars every couple months instead would oddly be -less- content overall

This sounds a lot like an excuse to delay the release of Steve Blackman; I'm onto your clever tricks.

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile

[/quote]
then I want a Dink card for Doink
[/quote]

Please, dear god, no.

Wait, I guess that would mean that I'd get to try and stomp someone who had Dink out, that could be fun times. I'll allow it.

Offline Ryan Rider

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Thank you Creed for all that you've done for the game of Raw Deal and for its players worldwide.

My group in Montreal mostly plays Revo format, so we're certainly looking forward to Revo 6 in 2019 or 2020 :)

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
 205 Live/NXT people, I think my list would look roughly like this

1. Jack Gallagher
2. Drew Gulak
3. Sanity
4. Aleister Black
5. Adam Cole
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
I want to walk with Elias in the next set

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
Id like to see my top 5 list which im sure most will happen.
1. shinska
2. Velveteen dream
3. Alister black
4. Tj perkins
5. No way jose

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
As I was watching the weeklys a little bit more in the last weeks, I hope I can one day walk with Elias in Raw Deal.  ;)
Beware, take care. Because the freaks come out at night!!!

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
A HUGE thank you for everything you guys do to keep Raw Deal not only alive,but making new mechanics and keeping it fresh.

New guys Id like to see

Balor
Samoa Joe
Nia
Ember Moon
Shinsuke

And not likely, but older stuff

Daniel Bryan GM
Woken stuff for Matt.
The Authority
Southpaw Holiday set(PLEASE?)
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
If we get Woken Matt can i please have a card titled “Chair of Wheels!? Mower of Lawns!?

Lol

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
"If" would be the important word in that sentence.

CREED

Offline Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +13/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
Just curious if there's a timeline in place for the the next expansion? No rush with it, testing is still most impt. but would be cool to know when to expect goodies :)

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
It'll be ready when it's ready :D

Life tends to do run-ins whenever we try to call a release date ahead of time.