Author Topic: Your Freaking Hero's Kurt Angle's World Class Athleticism Question?  (Read 403 times)

Online The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
World Champion Athleticism
Pre-match Storyline
Cannot be blanked.  Cannot be packed when packing Stipulations.
New Ability: At the end of the Pre-match phase, you may play Do YOU Live by the Three I's?, Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence regardless of Fortitude.  Ignore the "Can only be played..." text on your Kurt Angle-specific maneuvers, and your Just Hold On a Second, Mister! is now an Event instead.  Your Chain cards are not Chain, and your Angle's German Suplex cannot be reversed by D: 1+ reversals.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

Does this mean if I play this I can automatically play the 3 I's? as well during The End of the Pre-Match Phase or will I have to have the Fortitude for them to play them and have to wait til I get that Fortitude Just Curious.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Your Freaking Hero's Kurt Angle's World Class Athleticism Question?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 12:40:55 PM »
It says right in the card, you play them during the prematch, regardless of fortitude, so you are good to play them all during thenprematch no matter what your fortitude is

Online The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
Ok then How would you play Your Freaking Hero great w/ using that Card as in what Dynamic be the Best for his New Ability as would either BASH, FACE or HEEL be best as your Chain Cards are no longer Chain so you can't DRAW for your Previous Ability? So what Game Mechanic outta Bash/Face/Heel be the Better to go for his Maneuvars now as I currently have him Grapple:Chain and cause of this My Chain Cards are now Just Grapples so any idea of how to make him better.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:39:49 PM »
When you have World Champion Athleticism in your Ring, you don't have your old ability anymore, just the new one that Athleticism granted you.

Athleticism decouples YFH from Chain, so you can run whatever archetype you like. Intensity, Integrity, and Intelligence will be very helpful to pretty much any build, so go nuts.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 07:45:15 PM »
Yeah, this opens him up so much more. Example: Dynamic is fun with Find Out How to Fight From Finlay combined with Intelligence. See their hand and what they cant reverse, and change your move it.

Online The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 08:43:29 PM »
Also cause it changes your Ability does that mean I can't pack the Kurt Angle Face/Heel Card It's True! It's True! cause it's Both and IDK if it would be Legally played as Currently My Deck before WCA was Face/Chain/SD!/Fan Favorite (But Also his Cheaters Cards cause of his All American Backstage Card) and IDK if I have to pull It's True! It's True! or not now 

Online dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »
World Champion Athleticism cannot change your ability until it is revealed, and deck legality is locked in prior to any cards being revealed. Unless, for whatever reason, you play a card that causes a deck check when it is played (such as According to Linda and the Board of Executives), you will not be disqualified for packing It's True! It's True!
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +317/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 10:42:09 PM »
And as World Championship Athleticism is a Storyline, you generally won't have a way to play it before the Feud phase to make It's True! It's True! Face and Heel again, so you won't get stung by Linda and the Board.

World Championship Athleticism will not make your Arsenal illegal. If your deck is legal when you sit down to play (considering any "when packed" effects on cards you're packing), then you're fine, and no change during the game can make your deck illegal. Not only can you keep It's True! It's True!, but something that looks for a Face or Heel card can find it!
"You're no fun." -Creed
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2018, 12:23:25 AM »
Interesting. That means "A No Show" can dig it out for heel users.

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +317/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »
Hell, A No Show can dig it out in your Face / Unaligned deck, if you're willing to lose another card in your Arsenal to the RFG pile...

... or if there's something that you really want removed from the game in the first place...
"You're no fun." -Creed

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 08:02:29 PM »
True, possible to combo with the funaki prematch card for face users.

Online The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 11:10:05 PM »
OK thanks ya'll and I just realized this makes Your Freaking Hero now kinda like Bobby Hennan from the Get Go.

Offline Daeva

• Administrator
  • +317/-214
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2018, 01:54:43 PM »
If Bobby Heenan also drew two cards a turn and got +3D on all of his maneuvers, yeah.
"You're no fun." -Creed

Online The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2018, 05:10:26 PM »
If Bobby Heenan also drew two cards a turn and got +3D on all of his maneuvers, yeah.

Well at least Bobby's can add in Rick Rude's, Andre's, or Brain Busters Enforcer Ability to his so IDK what cards wuld help him by getting that as Either:
"Your Grapples Moves w/ "Neck Breaker" in the title are -5F"
or
"During Your Opponents Turn, when he successfully plays a Second Card and Damage has been applied, you may put 1 Card from your hand on the botton of your aresenal, draw 1 card and he discards 1 card and ends his turn. You may not play non-superstar specific Mid-Match Cards"
or
"Before each of your Draw Segments, you may look at 1 random card in your opponents hand, and then may shuffle you arsenal"

So IDK if there's Pre-Match that would allow an extra Card Drawn but there's many +D Cards.