Author Topic: Why play face over heel?  (Read 501 times)

Offline deadend7786

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Why play face over heel?
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:43:38 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm an old player returning to the game, and a new member of this community.  I wanted to say what you guys have done with the Virtual sets is nothing short of amazing, and a big thank you to everyone involved.

I'm still getting acquainted all the cards and popular decks people seem to be playing, which brings me to the question, why play face over heel decks? I'm not seeing a lot of face decks and it just seems a lot weaker compared to heel, and I know this was kind of the same thing back in the day.

What are the essential Face cards other than turn the tide?

-Jackson
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 01:43:05 PM by deadend7786 »

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Why place face over heel?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 02:45:49 PM »
Interviewed by Mean Gene to protect turn the tide
Sloppy so Sloppy hits any card
playing by the rules TB makes them 10F
Once is enough kills multis at 0

those are the main reasons
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline deadend7786

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 02:56:46 PM »
Wow, OK, those do look like some good cards. Could you name a few superstars that would be better played as face?

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 03:01:41 PM »
Wow, OK, those do look like some good cards. Could you name a few superstars that would be better played as face?

The Usos
Raven
Vince McMahon
McMahon Dynasty
Shane McMahon
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Pizza is life, pizza is love.

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 03:10:32 PM »
any legend is good as a face, since they get in my day.... as well, and they want to product endorse to protect their wrestlemania (and they get mean Gene as a free pre via Saturday nights main event), guys like Ricky Steamboat and the Mega Powers are locked into face as well, really it's mostly a preference thing based on build and character :)

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 03:14:00 PM »
any legend is good as a face, since they get in my day.... as well, and they want to product endorse to protect their wrestlemania (and they get mean Gene as a free pre via Saturday nights main event), guys like Ricky Steamboat and the Mega Powers are locked into face as well, really it's mostly a preference thing based on build and character :)

Steamboat and Mega Orange People are locked into Face? I must be missing something.

I know this is blasphemy but in my opinion Wrestlemania is overrated. I much prefer Survivor Series and Gooker with Mouth Writing Checks, myself.

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 03:23:04 PM »
the perk of your opponent losing his hand to mania is a good one, that's why I like it, but I see the appeal of the Survivor Series package too.....

Mega Powers can't pack BASH or heel, Steamboat has a similar restriction (I think)

Online BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 03:52:06 PM »
the perk of your opponent losing his hand to mania is a good one, that's why I like it, but I see the appeal of the Survivor Series package too.....

Mega Powers can't pack BASH or heel, Steamboat has a similar restriction (I think)

Steamboat isn't tied to it, he just has cards that perk when he has that alignment.

Same with Sting/Stinger and Sting's Howl (grabs Face/FF/WCW cards).

You can probably count the number of people who are hard-tied to one of the Face/Heel alignment on two hands.  It's a small number when compared to the number of superstars in the game.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 07:06:28 PM »
Ole! Is great, as well as playing any face deck with Backed by Smackdown GM Vickie...she protects Face Stretch which allows you to pick up any Face card in your ring...so say you've played all you sloppys or once is enoughs...or the card I just mentioned, Ole! For more recovery

Offline deadend7786

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 08:42:21 PM »
Thanks for all the replies so far. You guys are definitely setting me on the right path. :)

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »

Steamboat isn't tied to it, he just has cards that perk when he has that alignment.

The only card I see is Master of the Arm Drag, which only interacts with Legendary Comeback...I would be hard pressed to call that being locked into Face or Fan Favorite but I digress.

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 08:38:17 AM »

Nada, nada limonada.

I totally get the hand destruction of Wrestlemania, I'm just not a fan of dual recovery and possible ACE reversal, let alone it slow burning you unless you have MSG out there. (And I'm not talking about Chinese food.)

Plus, the other option has The Gooker on it! :)

I wish The Great American Bash was a better card :/

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 08:43:10 AM »

The only card I see is Master of the Arm Drag, which only interacts with Legendary Comeback...I would be hard pressed to call that being locked into Face or Fan Favorite but I digress.

yeah I was a bit off on Steamboat, this is what happens when you're working and don't wanna look it on lackey :lol:

Bret Hart also wants to be FF and Face......

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2018, 10:56:15 AM »

yeah I was a bit off on Steamboat, this is what happens when you're working and don't wanna look it on lackey :lol:

Bret Hart also wants to be FF and Face......

I sense someday the Virtual team will give us a card that reflects Bret's heel pro-Canadian persona which would change things up.

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
Re: Why play face over heel?
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 11:41:34 AM »
I play FACE OVER HEEL on some decks and Vicea Versa and also I run THE DECK THAT CAN'T BE NEITHER as In Right To Censor as My Brother and buddies were choosing TEAMS to RUN as we try to all run more diff Stars then others doing all the Same PPL against each other.
And I picked RTC cause everybody was like you should run them cause your the Wrestling GUY just for Shits and Giggles and started them out as HEAT before the Virtual Stuff came out and then Switched them to BASH as they are the Only TEAM and STUPERSTARS I think that can't be neither as it's in their Ability.

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Why play face over heel?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 11:45:23 AM »
well that was true until a month ago, Braun can't be face or heel now either (or BASH actually) :)