Author Topic: Backlash Reversals  (Read 587 times)

Offline Xaverus

• +1/-3
    • View Profile
Backlash Reversals
« on: January 12, 2018, 04:06:35 PM »
Years ago when we had tournaments we used Backlash, Cow, King, and that one that reversed Finishers. 

What should be the standard Backlash reversal set for Virtual 8 era?  So I can buy more for my decks...

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Backlash Reversals
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 04:15:09 PM »
My Game, My Way! - Virtual
Restricted Use In This Area - probably the hardest purchase, but there's also a slightly-lesser Throwback in Virtual.  Most must-have BL effect in Raw Deal.
Sustained Damage
This Is Going to Be An Old School Brawl - Virtual
Turning Everything Upside Down - Virtual and/or You're As Graceful As A Cow On Ice
Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp - Virtual

Some combination of those six go in almost all of my decks - the only exceptions are usually pack restrictions (I like Sandman, but he can't run Turning for example). 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »
Other nearly-mandatory stuff: if you are Raw, King Interferes and Undermine the Competition. If you are Heel, Unscrupulous SOB.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:03:25 PM »
In our next Backlash Podcast episode, we talk about how This is Going Nowhere Fast is still very useful against decks that run Drawing a Blank. We’ve seen Drawing a Blank in 3 of the last 11 decks that have been played locally.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 09:05:42 AM »
In some BASH decks, I personally like running a copy of When You Thought... and Introduce Your Brain To Your Mouth.

They might be very niche, but VERY useful to counter a certain deck esp since some VC stars may not have a lot of variety in backlash reversals.

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 10:18:28 AM »
In our next Backlash Podcast episode, we talk about how This is Going Nowhere Fast is still very useful against decks that run Drawing a Blank. We’ve seen Drawing a Blank in 3 of the last 11 decks that have been played locally.

It's also "screw you pump kick" when you're a BASH deck and one extra tb German protection as well
Drawing a Blank is kinda weird...it rolls over and dies slowly to legends too.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Eric RD

• +16/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 11:51:46 AM »
I've been a fan of running Backlash still in this environment, it will catch people off guard.
Fortitude Surge is a must pack in our playgroup. You'll get the occasional surprise plunging deck and you can't always justify having a Frankie Take Hollywood in your Ring area.
If you have issues with those hard to reverse maneuvers like Clutch/Apply, Shake/Poke or Chains consider This Is Going To Be an Old School Brawl. Stops the second one in a turn, blanks it and it stays in his Ring. Does 2D and he randomly discards 2 cards.
Backlash Podcast 27 - Foley is Good   https://youtu.be/iQjD4qyeNC8

Backlash Podcast - a Raw Deal podcast - available every other Tuesday on Apple Podcast, Stitcher and YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/