Author Topic: reversing a multi  (Read 371 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
reversing a multi
« on: January 11, 2018, 10:49:43 AM »
When reversing a multi from hand and arsenal do I benefit from the effects and does my opponent take damage for the played from hand reversal?

Ex: my opponent plays Bash Punch and I play Revolution of the Mind and overturn another reversal from damage, do I draw for Revolution and my opponent take the 1D?

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +115/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
Re: reversing a multi
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 11:10:14 AM »
This is how that plays out:

Opponent Plays a Multi maneuver

You play reversal 1, 'A Revolution of the Mind'.

You draw a card and your opponent takes 1D, as you resolve that reversal.

You then can play another reversal, or choose to declare it successful.

If the latter, overturn cards until you've taken full damage or you overturn an applicable reversal.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +312/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »
Tim is correct. When you play a reversal, you resolve that card in full before you continue resolving the maneuver. If I play A Revolution of the Mind to a Multi, it deals its 1D and I draw a card before anything else happens with the Multi. If I happen to draw into another legal reversal, I can then continue to play that card, or any other legal reversal that I have access to.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »
Speaking of Reversals to a Multi can you pop Legendary Management Twice as
it says:
"ACE: When this Card is in your RING, you may put this card into to RINGSIDE to REVERSE any NON-UNIQUE MANEUVER.
THEN IT ADDS:
when this CARD is in your RINGSIDE you may remove this CARD from the game to REVERSE any NON-UNIQUE MANEUVER."

So it doesn't say once per turn and so my ? is: CAN YOU POP IT TWICE ONCE WHILE IN RING TO REVERSE HALF THEN POP IT AGAIN WHILE IN RINGSIDE TO REVERSE THE OTHER HALF BY REMOVING IT FROM THE GAME?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +486/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:17:01 PM »
Yes, this works more effectively than your CapsLock key does.  ;)

Seriously, though, that's fully legal.  Use the ACE, then use the Ringside effect.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »
Ok thanks Creed and I was just using caps on the keywords and also the ? so instead of using Bold I did it that way and thanks again as my buddy got a lil mad when I did it that way,