Author Topic: Teddy long question  (Read 149 times)

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Teddy long question
« on: January 06, 2018, 03:47:18 AM »
Always Bet on Black
Backstage Card
When packing this card, your Starting Hand Size is +5 and you can pack up to 7 additional Pre-match cards, but you cannot pack Enforcers or I'm Gonna Break You.
Once during each of your turns, you may play a non-Set-up non-hybrid non-Unique non-Active Pre-match Event, and ignore the 'At the end of the Pre-match phase' text on it.
Unique     RMS logo
V3

Does the rules of maximum 12 prematch slot still applies here or can we play up til 19( 12+ up to 7)

Offline dilbert505

• +47/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Teddy long question
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 09:28:37 AM »
Always Bet on Black
Backstage Card
When packing this card, your Starting Hand Size is +5 and you can pack up to 7 additional Pre-match cards, but you cannot pack Enforcers or I'm Gonna Break You.
Once during each of your turns, you may play a non-Set-up non-hybrid non-Unique non-Active Pre-match Event, and ignore the 'At the end of the Pre-match phase' text on it.
Unique     RMS logo
V3

Does the rules of maximum 12 prematch slot still applies here or can we play up til 19( 12+ up to 7)

There are two things going on here.

First, there is no rule capping a player at playing 12 Pre-Match cards; during the Pre-Match you may play as many cards as you have valid slots. If you pack 12 Pre-Match cards, and Backstage Shenanigans in one of your Mid-Match slots, you may play all 13 of those cards in the Pre-Match provided you have the slots to do so.

Second, Pre-Match capacity has no relevance to the game once the Pre-Match phase ends. Teddy may play his additional Pre-Match events (provided they are not Set-Ups, Hybrid, Unique, or Active) as normal cards, and they may be reversed by cards that reverse a card, a non-Unique card, or a non-maneuver card.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Teddy long question
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 06:54:02 AM »
Always Bet on Black
Backstage Card
Unique     RMS logo
V3

There are two things going on here.

First, there is no rule capping a player at playing 12 Pre-Match cards; during the Pre-Match you may play as many cards as you have valid slots. If you pack 12 Pre-Match cards, and Backstage Shenanigans in one of your Mid-Match slots, you may play all 13 of those cards in the Pre-Match provided you have the slots to do so.

Second, Pre-Match capacity has no relevance to the game once the Pre-Match phase ends. Teddy may play his additional Pre-Match events (provided they are not Set-Ups, Hybrid, Unique, or Active) as normal cards, and they may be reversed by cards that reverse a card, a non-Unique card, or a non-maneuver card.

Ok got it. Pardon my confusing question tho.