Author Topic: Superstar Spotlight: Rusev Day!  (Read 331 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +28/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Superstar Spotlight: Rusev Day!
« on: January 03, 2018, 03:35:48 AM »
Alright, here it is the return of Superstar Spotlight! Just for a refresher, if you are curious about ANY superstar send me a message and I'll spotlight your request. This will include Revolution superstars as well. I will also allow for previously done superstars to be revisited as well. This game changes with every set, so I have no issue with repeated superstars. That being said here is our next superstar.

Please keep those requests coming. Today's is another 'request' in Rusev!!!!!

1.)  How viable is this superstar?
2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 
3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?
4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual
5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

RUSEV
Starting Hand Size: 7     Superstar Value: 4
Superstar Ability: Your non-Unique non-Multi maneuvers without 'reversed' in the text are -2F for every printed D: 5+ Arsenal card in your Ringside.
When any player successfully plays a printed F: 10+ card, you may Promo: 2.
You can pack As Big and Tough as Any Two Men, Soviet Power, and The Strength of Mother Russia.
VHS2

As Big and Tough as Any Two Men
Backstage Card
When your opponent's printed Superstar Value is less than your printed Superstar Value (when you are Revolution The Great Khali or Kane, less than 5), when he plays Handicap Match he may only choose 1 of the 3 effects on the card.
Unique
V1

The Bulgarian Brute
Backstage Card
Your opponent's Starting Hand Size is -1.
When your printed D: 5+ non-Multi maneuver is completely reversed from Arsenal during the first 3 cards while applying damage, before you would draw for Stun Value you may discard 2 cards; your maneuver is not reversed, his reversal is removed from the game, he continues to apply damage, may reverse from Arsenal again as normal, and after all damage is applied end your turn.
Unique     RMS logo
VHS2

The Russian Flag
Backstage Card
When your Fortitude Rating is F: 10- and your printed D: 5+ maneuver is unsuccessful, your opponent puts 1 card from his hand on the bottom of his Arsenal; when your maneuver was not Chain and he has greater reversals in Ring, he puts 2 cards instead.
During any turn, you may hide this card and then your next non-hybrid action or reversal card played that turn is -5F.
Unique     RMS logo
VHS2

Managed by The Ravishing Russian, Lana
Pre-match Manager
Your opponent cannot prevent you from playing this card. Your Rusev-specific cards cannot be blanked and do not take up Pre-match slots in your Ring.
When you would discard cards to his effects before your first turn of the game, you may instead overturn the same number of cards.
When he would draw more than 1 card for his non-Superstar-specific card effects, he draws 1 less card.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
VHS2

Hero of the Russian Federation
Pre-match Event: Heat
Cannot be blanked.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, search your Arsenal for 1 non-Unique non-hybrid printed D: 5+ maneuver, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle.
When your printed D: 5+ maneuver is unsuccessful, put up to 1 maneuver from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal; when you have 5+ lower Fortitude, you may put it in your hand instead.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
VHS2

The Super Athlete
Mid-match Action / Reversal: Special
This card is -#F, where # is half of your opponent's Fortitude Rating, rounded down.
As an action, you may Promo: 2; when you have 10+ lower Fortitude, your next maneuver played this turn is F: 0, Chain, Multi, and can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards.
As a reversal, reverse any card that would move cards that are removed from the game or in any player's Ringside.
When this card is in your Ring, ignore the 'non-Superstar-specific' text on your Managed by The Ravishing Russian, Lana, and your Superstar-specific maneuvers are Chain when played.
F: 15    D: 0     Unique
VHS2

Bulgarian Body Block
Strike
This card is considered non-Unique for your Ability. When this card is unsuccessful, you may discard 1 maneuver and then put this card in your hand regardless of other effects.
During your opponent's turn when this card is in your hand and he moves an F: 0 maneuver from your Ring, you may put this card into your Ring and end his turn.
F: 4     D: 8     SV: 1     Unique
VHS2

Rusev's Stomp to the Back
High Risk
Can only be played after a successfully played card or as a Counter.
Your opponent puts 2 cards from his hand on the bottom of his Arsenal.  Search your Arsenal and Ringside for The Accolade, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle; when that card is your next card played this turn, it is -10F and cannot be reversed from Backlash.
F: 10     D: 10     SV: 1     Unique
VHS2

Rusev's Heel Kick
Strike / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -4F, and when played after a successfully played maneuver, cannot be reversed from hand or Backlash.
As a reversal, reverse any card that would move cards from your Ring or Ringside.
F: 12     D: 8     SV: 1     Unique
VHS2

Rusev's Flipping Senton
High Risk
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver. When played after a 5D+ maneuver, cannot be reversed from hand or Backlash by non-Unique cards.
Your opponent puts 1 random card from hand on the top of his Arsenal.
During your turn when this card is in your hand, you may discard it and draw 1 card.
F: 15     D: 10     SV: 1     Unique
V8

Rusev's Swinging Side Slam
Grapple / Reversal: Special
As a maneuver, this card is -5F and +2D, and cannot be reversed by D: 1+ cards.
As a reversal, reverse any Strike maneuver or any card played from Ringside.
When this card is in your Ring, your The Accolade cannot be reversed from hand by non-Superstar-specific reversals.
F: 20     D: 10     SV: 2     Unique
VHS2

The Accolade
Trademark Finisher
Your opponent overturns cards equal to the number of Rusev-specific maneuvers in your Ring; this effect cannot be reversed. When your next card played this turn is Maintain Hold, ignore the 'Can only be played...' text.
When this card is in your hand, during your turn you may reveal it, put it on the bottom of your Arsenal, and put 1 non-hybrid maneuver from Ringside in your hand.
F: 30     D: 20     SV: 3     Unique
VHS2

The Strength of Mother Russia
Action: Chain / Reversal: Special
As an action, shuffle up to 5 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal and draw up to 4 cards.
As a reversal, completely reverse any Grapple or Submission.
Your maneuvers are -3F and +2D.
F: 0     D: 1     Unique     WWF Classic logo
V4

Soviet Power
Action + Action
When you are Nikolai Volkoff, this card is Chain.
Put up to 2 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal and draw up to 2 cards; when you are Nikolai Volkoff, double those numbers.
When this card is in your Ring, your maneuvers are +2D.
F: 5     D: 0     Unique     Multi
V5

The League of Nations
Action / Reversal: Special
Cannot be reversed by hybrid reversals.
As an action, shuffle up to 4 cards from your Ringside into your Arsenal and your opponent overturns 4 cards.
As a reversal, completely reverse any Multi or non-maneuver card.
When he has a card with ‘America’ or 'U.S.A.' in the title in his ring, he discards 2 random cards; when he does not, draw up to 2 cards.
F: 8     D: 0     Unique
V8

Rusev, Crush!
Action
When your next card played this turn is a maneuver, your opponent cannot respond to it.
Once during each of your turns when this card is in your hand, you may reveal this card, put it on the bottom of your Arsenal, and draw 1 card.
F: 25     D: 0     Unique     RMS logo
VHS2
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:26:58 AM by CreedP »
Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Superstar Spotlight: Rusev Day!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 09:33:53 AM »
Alrighty then...here we go....

1.)  How viable is this superstar?

VERY....any reduction deck is a beast in its own right, a reduction deck that can spam heat (or blindsides) and laugh at Brahama Bull, now you're looking at a true monster....plus any deck that can make heat good without adding tricks, or relying on backfire is pretty monstrous, he's awesome chain too....if there was a way to duck shoot counter he'd be monstrous as a dynamic or technical deck as well, he can fire just about any move in his deck at will (thank God he can't spam punch after punch with his ability that would be soooo gross)

2.)  Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight? 

The Bulgarian Brute
Backstage Card
Your opponent's Starting Hand Size is -1.
When your printed D: 5+ non-Multi maneuver is completely reversed from Arsenal during the first 3 cards while applying damage, before you would draw for Stun Value you may discard 2 cards; your maneuver is not reversed, his reversal is removed from the game, he continues to apply damage, may reverse from Arsenal again as normal, and after all damage is applied end your turn.
Unique     RMS logo
VHS2

This card is sooo frakking gross it HURTS....he punches a move through....you spin divine?? NOPE....try again....it really makes his painful moves STICK and keep sticking at you to make it count....

3.)  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?

I drew him in the Lackey event....just seeing his name lead to three no-show victories, maybe I exaggerate some, but Jesus he's awesome and I wish I had gotten more reps with him.....

4.)  How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual

You name the format, he'll be good in it, wanna spam colossals in a way that would make even <R> Test cry? He got that
Chain...yep.... Heat....yessir, a good Rusev is top tier in ANY format....

5.)  Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

This deck is WHY every day is RUSEV DAY....a clear cut A-List Raw Deal deck.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline AfghanYeti88

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »
CRASHER, would you be willing to trade deck ideas? I played against a nasty volley deck once, but I've been trying to build a solid chain deck since that's the most comfortable play type for me.

1. How viable is this superstar?

I'd say very. I was beaten so badly by a volley version, I wanted to give up before the second game started.

2. Is there a Superstar Specific Card that you'd like to spotlight?

The Super Athlete
Mid-match Action / Reversal: Special
This card is -#F, where # is half of your opponent's Fortitude Rating, rounded down.
As an action, you may Promo: 2; when you have 10+ lower Fortitude, your next maneuver played this turn is F: 0, Chain, Multi, and can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards.
As a reversal, reverse any card that would move cards that are removed from the game or in any player's Ringside.
When this card is in your Ring, ignore the 'non-Superstar-specific' text on your Managed by The Ravishing Russian, Lana, and your Superstar-specific maneuvers are Chain when played.
F: 15    D: 0     Unique
VHS2

The fact that you not only get a nice boost when you're on the lower end of the match, but it also boosts Lana in such a very nice way that it could really help late game. Plus, making your superstar-specific maneuvers chain is amazing, to me at least.

3.  How have you built said superstar?  How did it work out?

I'm now in the process of building him on Lackey, so once I actually run him, we'll have to see how well I do

4. How well does the Superstar fare in whichever format you built them in be it VC/VAA/NXT/VR/Non-Virtual?

I've only ever played VC and NXT, but I think he would do fine in any formats

5. Final Thoughts on this Superstar?

I think he could be a big surprise to those who don't have an answer to his threat. 

"If a man has enough power, he can speak softly and everyone will listen." - Jake Roberts

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 01:21:36 PM »
CRASHER, would you be willing to trade deck ideas? I played against a nasty volley deck once, but I've been trying to build a solid chain deck since that's the most comfortable play type for me.

Absolutely!!! I wish I had played more games with the chain build of him...it's REALLY good!

Offline AfghanYeti88

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 07:23:17 AM »

Absolutely!!! I wish I had played more games with the chain build of him...it's REALLY good!

Would you mind sharing what your chain build had?
"If a man has enough power, he can speak softly and everyone will listen." - Jake Roberts

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:31:56 AM »

Would you mind sharing what your chain build had?

I'll PM you the deck list when I'm back home later, it's pretty straight forward and main goal is to abuse vise lock till it sticks

Offline AfghanYeti88

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 12:36:44 PM »

I'll PM you the deck list when I'm back home later, it's pretty straight forward and main goal is to abuse vise lock till it sticks
thanks man!