Author Topic: Norman Smiley Question  (Read 242 times)

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Norman Smiley Question
« on: January 02, 2018, 10:57:09 AM »
This is a dumb question but just to make sure:

Ralphus Protection Agency
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, draw 2 cards and put up to 1 card from hand under Wrestling in Sports Equipment.
When your card is unsuccessfully played, you may put it on the bottom of your Arsenal (regardless of other effects).
ACE:  During your turn when you have no cards under Wrestling in Sports Equipment and less than 2 cards in hand, you may put this card in your Ringside to search your Arsenal for 2 cards, put them under Wrestling in Sports Equipment, and shuffle.  This effect cannot be reversed.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     WCW logo
V6

WCW Title Belt - Throwback
When this card is in your Ring, once during each of your turns when your opponent reverses a maneuver from his hand, ACE: you may reveal a non-unique Action in your hand. If you do, remove the reversed maneuver from the game (or, if you have a non-Faction card in your Ring with a Ric Flair, Booker T, Goldberg, or Sting logo, put the reversed maneuver on the bottom of your Arsenal), your turn does not end, and your next card played this turn may only be the revealed Action. After you play that card, end your turn.
Superstar Value +2     Universally Unique     Permanent

Will Ralphus save my maneuver from being removed from the game via WCW Title Belt TB?

Also: If the action I play is successful and has the chain trait can I still search via the chain trait or does my turn end immediately?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:01:19 AM by Drywall »
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline DebuRaito

• +17/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Norman Smiley Question
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:03:53 PM »
Qns 1: No, because removing the reversed maneuver is part of the requirement to activate the ACE:
Qns 2: Yes, you can search for a chain card with the chain trait because as long as it is successful and damages has been applied, you are able to discard 2 cards and search for a chain card before your turn ends.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Norman Smiley Question
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 01:17:37 PM »
Debu is half-right. Removing the reversed maneuver is not part of the cost of the ACE on the WCW Title Belt TB, it's part of the effect. Ralphus says that it redirects the maneuver regardless of other effects, so WCW Title Belt TB's movement can be superseded by Ralphus and the rest of the ACE will work fine.

He's spot on regarding searching for Chain, though. No matter when in the Timing Sequence an end-the-turn effect triggers, it waits for everything else to finish up before it resolves. You get a chance to use triggers, like the Chain trait, before the turn ends.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.