Author Topic: Help me build Bayley  (Read 392 times)

Offline Xaverus

• +1/-3
    • View Profile
Help me build Bayley
« on: January 01, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »
I had enough relevant cards to build a maneuver set for Bayley based around I Have a Major Announcement but I ran out of midmatch and prematch cards for the Backlash.  Any suggestions for virtual cards I could print or real cards for me to look for?

For a start I have Washington DC to search for a Double Leg Takedown but that's about it.  Thanks.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +9/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Help me build Bayley
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 05:00:46 PM »
This is not a criticism, but an attempt to figure out how you want the deck to work:
Why do you want to build Bayley with Major Announcement?

What are you hopping for the deck to do? Because that is going to play a big role in how you shape your Pre and Mid.

With your first paragraph, I will say that if you want a venue, you should pack either This is MY Hometown! (Virtual) or Hometown Hero (Virtual). Since Bayley only had 2 Superstar Value, your opponent will regularly have first crack at playing Venue.

And since you want to use DC to search for a Throwback, it might be worthwhile to get a copy of Managed by the Coach (Classic, Rare, Armageddon), which will let you get a non-unique High Risk (several of which are available on Major Announcement), but will also let you pull Throwback maneuvers or of your ringside. Managed by Coach is Raw branded, so keep that in mind especially since the Flying Head Scissor throwback is a SmackDown card.

On the other hand, going Raw gives you access to The King Interferes (Classic, Rare, Velocity and SS3), which is an excellent Mid-Match reversal.

Offline Xaverus

• +1/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »
I want the deck to give me a maneuver every turn and then throw one of her high risks with Top Rope.  I'll add those cards you mentioned tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 07:26:32 PM by Xaverus »

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 07:03:38 AM »
You could pack Back Body Drop TB even though you can't play it (per I Have A Major Announcement) and use it's text to grab a From The Top Rope (or any setup card) from your ringside pile.

If you go face you could pack x1 Old School Psychology for some discard; could also combine that with Indian Strap Match.

I like the Major Announcement Idea, it's not a bad call. You could also consider Interviewed By Mean Gene to hit them with Turn the Tide and/or Turn Up The Heat.

You Feeling Lucky? TB would be nice also, since you can search for whatever maneuver type they don't call.

If you go Raw consider Hello, Ladies. Packing multiples can really turn a game around if activated successfully. You could also forego Indian Strap and play Old School Wrestling Match TB to force a burn whenever your opponent doesn't play a maneuver. Since you'll have the option to search for one you'll likely be at an advantage save for certain matches.

If you have a card with Chain in the text out, The Marquee Says "Wrestling" might help a little also.

Evening Up The Odds is an excellent card if you keep your hand size down, which is fueled by the discard for Major Announcement.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +9/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 03:18:50 PM »
I second Drywall's advice and offer a few other pointers to consider:

Bayley has the potential to get pretty massive Fortitude discounts on her Counters. She can run the Virtual Backstage Card "The Era of the Superstar" (Virtual 8), which will give her Counter Maneuvers (without Reversed in the Text) -2F and the Virtual Prematch Pay-Per-View "NXT Arrival" (Virtual 7) which, after taking a hit, can give up an additional discount (depending on how many overturned cards you intend to put under it) for a Counter Maneuver. So there's a lot of opportunity to pull out larger-than-anticipated maneuvers earlier in the match. Arrival, in particular, dovetails nicely with Bayley since your opponent's successfully played maneuvers trigger both your Ability and fuel the Headband/Turn It Up interplay.

If you pack The Era of the Superstar, you also gain access to The Women's Evolution, a very handy Midmatch Reversal.

While not a Backlash card, I'd think that this deck would go very nicely with X-treme Measures (Mania) and Lita to the XTreme (Backlash) for setting up your High Risks. These are better for when you either have the HR you intend to play already in hand, or have not used Major Announcement yet in the turn, as they will not give you the chance to play From the Top Rope.

I personally prefer the non-TB version of You Feeling Lucky? for setting up High Risks. Just like the TB version, you'd use Major Announcement to search for the correct maneuver type (which will be what they did choose rather than what they didn't) and it'll be unreversable, as opposed to the potential penalty set up by the TB version. However, the TB version does call for you to discard 2 cards, which might be helpful with Drywall's suggestion about using Evening Up the Odds.