Author Topic: Why NOT Gen Con???  (Read 972 times)

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
Re: Why NOT Gen Con???
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 12:46:44 AM »
I beat mitch once.ONCE.
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Online niiiiick

• +14/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 06:52:05 AM »
Personally, have 4 kids and a GF who works every other weekend, so even if Gen con fell on the right weekend...id be banking up a lot of credit there just to get the weekend. Plus add in cost and driving there (4-5 hours isn't too bad) as well as preparing 3-4 decks for the events (id for sure play in worlds maybe others) vs being able to play locally vs some of the best like mitch, jake, seph, etc already and that's not counting lackey...i just don't have enough motivation to go to gen con. I'm trying to make it work at least once because id  love to experience it one time and meet some of you in person, but it's difficult for me. Hell , even back in the day, the furthest i ever went from the quad cities was to north liberty so I was never much of a traveller for the game, but again, locally I think we had one of the best play groups in the US.

Maybe experiencing gen con would change my mind, just hard for someone like me to find the time and money to do it.

Ect? Is that how you spell my name? Lol i feel ya brotha im in the same boat as you family always has to come first. Id like to go to gencon just to say i did at least once. I would like to get seph to go though sometime so he can finally get that big W under his belt between him and mitch i rely on them alot to help me improve. They both know every card in the game and is great to play against mitch anyway I can play seph in person any day. But to go against mitch and try to pull off a win is awesome even though it has yet to happen lol.

Haha yeah I was tired last night...theres so many top quality guys here, and that is in no way a knock on other players so please don't take it that way. I'd love to have a shot against all of you other guys, if I haven't already on lackey. Yeah having a shot at the title is nice too, but I'm not concerned with that type of stuff anymore as I'm more about just competing and having fun playing a game I love, which is satisfied locally and on lackey.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 06:59:56 AM »
Half the appeal of the big Con's where people gather is getting out of that monotone of playing against the same people all the time (least for me playtesting the different decks helps with that, a little), this is why I'm trying to figure my way to both Funk and Gen Con this year....I love seeing the difference in play styles....and well I do love my road trips in the year (I always do at least Gen Con and one ice hockey tournament a year and I do eventually want to get to Canada and maybe somehow do both in a weekend  :laugh: ), I can understand the time and money aspect of all that, I've managed to carve myself a unique lifestyle and ability to take off 2-3 times a year when I'm careful about it!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!