Author Topic: We've reached peak Magic: the Gathering  (Read 244 times)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
We've reached peak Magic: the Gathering
« on: December 20, 2017, 09:10:14 PM »
LoadingReadyRun did an event involving Unstable, the third and most recent Un-Set in Magic history. During that event, M:tG reached heights it can't possibly reach again.

The height of Magic went as follows:

-Wedge, in response to Cameron's Very Cryptic Command, pays eight life to use Spike, Tournament Grinder's ability. It lets you take one banned or restricted card you own from outside the game into your hand. Then come the greatest words ever spoken in Magic history: "Could you hand me the Shahrazad that's behind you?" Cameron's face says it all.
-A bit later, Wedge decides he needs some help and casts Better Than One, which lets him choose anyone from outside the game to be his teammate. He chooses.........Mar k Rosewater. Yes, Maro was present, and yes, he became Wedge's teammate.
-After some more nonsense, Wedge casts Shahrazad. The judge present then explains how exactly the card works, but not before saying that in his entire career as a judge, he's never had to explain the card.
-Wedge and Maro win the subgame, causing Cameron to lose half his life in the main game.
-Wedge and Maro go on to win the main game.

This historical match has thankfully been preserved for future generations. The fun begins at the 9:30 mark.

What could possibly top that?
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

"Tottenham are laughing at us!" - Dom, West Ham United fan, after Astra Giurgiu eliminated West Ham United from Europa (Entirely accurate statement).

Offline dilbert505

• +48/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: We've reached peak Magic: the Gathering
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 11:28:09 PM »
I don't think I've ever laughed as hard at any tabletop game. That was spectacular.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.