Author Topic: So which superstars/sets were planned/canceled?  (Read 2008 times)

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
Re: So which superstars/sets were planned/canceled?
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2017, 01:41:16 PM »
Was Hardcore Holly planned? He’s on an Enforcer card i noticed but no actual Supertar card.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +484/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2017, 02:16:20 PM »
Not really, for the printed sets.  Mike Foley never liked him, heh.

I remember he was slated for Rev. 2 as one of the Extremists, and he said 'Is this really the best we can do?'  :D  I believe he became Terry Funk instead.

(We sketched out something a while back for Hardcore Holly, but we haven't run low enough of guys to get around to him, and now there's SO much new talent, I doubt he'll make it.)

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online niiiiick

• +14/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2017, 06:24:36 PM »
What about Nowinski? I always wondered just because of the GRA

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2017, 06:58:17 PM »
I am disappointed we didn't get a new Foley, but we had like three by that time. I usually just imagine that Mystery Wrestler is like a CAW version of the player and go from there. I would have liked to see some of those cards in virtual. Eddie could use some help.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »
Not really, for the printed sets.  Mike Foley never liked him, heh.

I remember he was slated for Rev. 2 as one of the Extremists, and he said 'Is this really the best we can do?'  :D  I believe he became Terry Funk instead.

(We sketched out something a while back for Hardcore Holly, but we haven't run low enough of guys to get around to him, and now there's SO much new talent, I doubt he'll make it.)

CREED

Kinda hope we get Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly someday though, seems like they're the new Val Venis.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +484/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »
I am disappointed we didn't get a new Foley, but we had like three by that time. I usually just imagine that Mystery Wrestler is like a CAW version of the player and go from there. I would have liked to see some of those cards in virtual. Eddie could use some help.

Haha, not really.  Eddie was top tier, or close to it.  Latino Cheat's set got a few of the cards planned for that set in Virtual 1.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2017, 09:03:15 PM »
Hahaha really Eddie hasn't needed help since Ultimo came out......that was a LONG time ago!
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Online niiiiick

• +14/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2017, 09:54:51 PM »
Since I wasn't around, was Virtual 1 made up of a lot of cards that were either scrapped or planned for the next set that never happened?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +484/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2017, 11:29:47 PM »
As possible, and we've filtered in what we could since then.  But noted earlier, Foley didn't share any future plans, so there wasn't a lot of it.

CREED

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2017, 08:31:08 PM »
Was Orlando Jordan ever considered he had a pretty significant role on TV during the RD run. And why was Gail Kim and Molly Holly tagged together on the same card, were there plans for individual cards for them?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +484/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 25, 2017, 09:03:50 PM »
No plans for Jordan that I was ever aware of.

IIRC it was just going to be Molly but Gail came in at the last minute, so they doubled-down by putting them together on the same Superstar.

CREED