Author Topic: Request: Usos with updated art  (Read 1197 times)

Online MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
Request: Usos with updated art
« on: December 13, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »
Does anyone with the skills to make good looking cards want to create alternate art for the USPS featuring their new(ish) gimmick?

I can try to help wrangle images, but lack the programs to make nice looking cards.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Usos with updated art
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
The Virtual team do not allow requests for or posts of custom Virtual cards.
I'm the wind, baby.

Online MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 02:18:21 PM »
My apologies.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 02:24:23 PM »
I mean, technically his original post is wanting a fantasy card for the United State Postal Service, which is okay.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Online MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 02:28:25 PM »
Thanks for the cover, Tim. :)

I just want to follow up by saying that the virtual Usos are fantastic looking cards, and in no way a problem. I find that I am enjoying their Day One(ish) gimmick more than the original gimmick and was simply working to that.

Just want to be clear: I am grateful for the hard work the virtual team does for this game and the amazing cards they make for us. I was just making a request based on my very specific tastes.

Knowing that the request was inappropriate, it is obviously withdrawn.

Looking forward to the new Holiday set.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 02:44:27 PM »
There might be a means to accommodate your request within Virtual, though.  Stay tuned.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »
The virtual team does updated arts through a virtual Survivor Series set. I always look forward to those to see new art

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 03:58:28 PM »

I just want to follow up by saying that the virtual Usos are fantastic looking cards, and in no way a problem. I find that I am enjoying their Day One(ish) gimmick more than the original gimmick and was simply working to that.

Just want to be clear: I am grateful for the hard work the virtual team does for this game and the amazing cards they make for us. I was just making a request based on my very specific tastes.

Knowing that the request was inappropriate, it is obviously withdrawn.

Looking forward to the new Holiday set.

I wasn't trying to be rude, I apologize. If you need help with a build for them I'm actually building them as we speak. Feel free to PM me if you want to bounce ideas around sir.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 07:53:11 PM »

You're good. Here's why we don't allow it (besides the global rule that proxies aren't legal): if you show up with your awesome alt-art Usos card, someone has to double-check it against the original to make sure that the text is still the same. Multiply that out by a number of cards for every player, and you'd spend more tournament time reading the alt-art cards than playing games. We don't want to burden our TOs any more than we have to.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Online Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 08:34:19 PM »
The United States Postal Service
Hand Size: 4
Superstar Value: 5
Superstar Ability: When your opponent's card searches any arsenal or moves any card from any ringside, he may discard a card. If he does not, you may draw up to two. Your card titled Small Package is Unique, +20F, +20D, a Trademark Finisher, and it's text reads "Reverse any card."

Neither Snow Nor Rain Nor Heat Nor Gloom of Night
Pre-Match: Event
At the end of the Pre-Match phase, look at your opponent's hand and choose up to four cards. You may search your arsenal for a copy of each card chosen and put it into your hand.
Put any heat cards in your opponents hand on the bottom of his arsenal.
Unique
F:0 D:0
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
Superstar Ability: When your opponent's card searches any arsenal or moves any card from any ringside, he may discard a card. If he does not, you may draw up to two. Your card titled Small Package is Unique, +20F, +20D, a Trademark Finisher, and it's text reads "Reverse any card."

At the end of the Pre-Match phase, look at your opponent's hand and choose up to four cards. You may search your arsenal for a copy of each card chosen and put it into your hand.
Unique

We Make Deliveries a Priority!
Backstage Area Card
While packing this card you may pack the card titled "Delivering The Goods", it is non-unique, is not Raw and you may ignore the "Can Only Be Played After" text.
On your turn you may hide this card and search your arsenal for a card with "Deliver" or "Package" in the title, reveal it to your opponent and put it into your hand.
Unique
RMS
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 10:32:03 AM »
Now we just need someone to make the USPS superstar card and use a picture of “Newman”

Also the trademark finisher should be “Going Postal”

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2017, 10:48:19 AM »

Unique

We Make Deliveries a Priority!
Backstage Area Card
While packing this card you may pack the card titled "Delivering The Goods", it is non-unique, is not Raw and you may ignore the "Can Only Be Played After" text.
On your turn you may hide this card and search your arsenal for a card with "Deliver" or "Package" in the title, reveal it to your opponent and put it into your hand.
Unique
RMS

Return Receipt
Reversal: Special
Completely reverse any non-Superstar-Specific card. You may search your Ringside and Arsenal for a card with that title, put it in your hand, and shuffle; if you do, you may play it as the first card on your turn, it is F:0, and ignore the "Can only be played" text. If you do not, you may play that card from your opponent's Ringside as the first card on your turn, it is F:0, blank, and reversals to that card do not end your turn, then put it in your opponent's Ringside regardless of other effects.
Unique
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Online MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 01:23:28 PM »
Overnight Air
High Risk
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver, or as a Counter (High Risk).
When successfully played, your opponent overturns cards until he reveals a maneuver. If this Maneuver is not reversed, your next card played this turn may be that card, your Fortitude is considered equal to the printed Fortitude of that card, and you can ignore any "Can only be played..." text (even if that card has the RMS symbol).
Unique
F: 10 D: 5

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 01:44:18 PM »
This is one of the best thread hijacks I've seen in years... :D

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 01:55:12 PM »
can we use Karl Malone as the face on the SS card??

(holy frak, I made an NBA funny.....)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 02:07:11 PM »
Is this a good image?

Online Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 03:16:55 PM »
The Holiday Rush
Grapple+Strike
When you have less F, this card is F:0 and when successfully played, skip your next turn.
Multi
Unique
F:5 D:10

Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 04:06:29 PM »
The Signature Confirmation
Action
Your opponent cannot respond to this card if he has a backstage card with "Signing" or "Signature" in his backstage area. Draw up to 2 cards and shuffle up to 9 cards from your ringside pile into your arsenal.
Unique
F:29
D:0
RMS
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:29:14 PM by Drywall »
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 04:27:28 PM »
The Forever Stamp
Pre-Match Object
Cannot be blanked. Can be played regardless of The Boogyeman's Ability.
Cannot be packed if you are packing pre-match cards of D: 1 or greater or Heat cards.
Your ability gains "If the card titled "The Tracking Number" is in your ring area, once during each of your turns you may discard 4 cards and overturn 9 cards to search your arsenal for one non-hyrbid action card with the Restricted Modification Symbol and place it into your hand.
You cannot play the card titled "Shoot Counter" or "Test of Strength". Your opponent's reversal cards count as two reversals for your "Shoot Action" cards and he may shuffle 12 cards from his ringside pile into his arsenal before or after damage is applied from that card if it is successfully played, whichever he chooses.
Unique
Permanent
ACE

The Tracking Number
Mid-Match Maneuver: Special
You cannot play this card.
When your opponent reverses your maneuver from hand, backstage area, ringside pile, backlash or ring area you may put this card into your ring area. Cannot be packed if you are packing pre-match cards that are D: 1 or greater.
While this card is in your ring area your maneuvers without "Package" or "Deliver" in the title gain the Restricted Modification Symbol.
Unique
Permanent
RMS
F:0 D:3

« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:31:45 PM by Drywall »
I'm the wind, baby.

Online MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 04:30:26 PM »
Flat Rate Postage
Submission
Can only be played if you have at least 2 different cards in your Ring with either the same printed Fortitude or sane printed Damage, # is equal to that value.
F: # D: #

If It Fits, It Ships
Prematch Event
Once per turn, you may discard 1 card then search your Arsenal for a card with Fortitude equal to your Fortitude. If Flat Rate Postage is in your Ring, instead search for any card with Fortitude less than or equal to your Fortitude.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 04:37:00 PM »
Junk Mail
Mid-Match Reversal: Special
This card ignores any "can only be reversed" or "cannot be reversed" restriction from a card or card effect.
Reverse any card with "Dirty" or "Blow" in the title.
Unique
F:0
D: 2
I'm the wind, baby.