Author Topic: Gauging Interest for a Revival  (Read 233 times)

Offline Queensryche

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
Gauging Interest for a Revival
« on: December 04, 2017, 06:18:40 AM »
So now that I'm back, I'm thinking of possibly reviving the Dungeon of Doom. For those who don't know, you can read all about it here.

What I'm going to do is post up three questions here. There is no limit to how many people can answer this round. If you have answers, post 'em! Here goes:

1. I saw this video of Elias Samson and immediately thought "DAMN this guy is a heat magnet!" However, I noticed that he seems to split opinion and some classify his heat as X-Pac heat. Is it legit heat or X-Pac heat, and why do you feel that?

2. You're Eric Young. One day, you get a voicemail on your phone. It's conspiracy theorist/radio nutjob Alex Jones. He actually believes that SAnitY is an anti-Illuminati paramilitary group and has extended you an invitation to his radio show to discuss your "work". At first, you're inclined to ignore the message. But then you think about it, and you get a wonderful awful idea to mess with his.............min d? (If you can call it that). How do you troll Alex Jones?

(Caveat: Dilbert, if you decide to answer these questions, you MUST give me the answer you gave me for this one originally. You already know the "correct" answer, so you're bound to answer how you originally did.)

3. A group of 1000 people in Cesena, Italy did a cover of "Learn To Fly" by the Foo Fighters and asked Dave Grohl to play a show for them. Pick a song for these 1000 Italians to cover. Why would your choice be awesome for them to cover? (Note: Dave Grohl responded and indeed did a show for them.)

You have five days to respond. Should there be enough interest, I could very well bring back the DoD.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:41:11 AM by Queensryche »
A man once asked "Are Harry Winks and Eric Dier better than Jack Wilshere?"
The answer is "Well, yeah."

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +75/-67
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Re: Gauging Interest for a Revival
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »
1. It's legit heat until Elias decides to cover "With My Baby Tonight", only to reveal that he was really lip syncing and the true talent was Aiden English all along.

2. Based on Alex Jones' view of the Star Wars prequels I'd call him and read him three random paragraphs from the script of the pilot of the sci-fi show "Lexx" and try to pass it off as something Bernie Sanders' tweeted and deleted.

3. I'd have 1,000 Italians cover the theme song from the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Bonus points if they all formed the Mario face at the end like that cool commercial for Super Mario Bros. 3.
I'm the wind, baby.

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 10:55:39 PM »
1. Depends on the audience. In an NXT crowd, like the one from the Melbourne video, his heat is almost purely legitimate, because NXT crowds generally are more understanding of the business and the gimmick he's portraying. In a broader crowd like Raw draws, there is an element of X-Pac heat, from people who just don't like what he's doing. Now, if he wanted to convert what he's got to X-Pac heat entirely, he should start exclusively covering Uncle Kracker's "Follow Me." That'd turn anyone into a greasy, annoying "go the eff away" magnet.

2. First, I want to mention that scrolling back to find this thing took a good couple minutes; I hadn't realized this conversation was almost a month ago. Also, I hate having to transcribe things, but it's so much easier than trying to copy and paste out of an iPhone that I'll make an exception. Anyway: "Tell him that you'll insert a coded message into your next PPV promo, and that you'll post a decoding manual online for him and his followers. Make it complicated, so he can't figure out the message in advance. On the big day, structure a promo so that scrupulously following the manual leaves the message "Alex Jones is in the pocket of the Bilderberg Group. Purple monkey dishwasher."

3. OK, originally, I was going to have them cover Santino Marella's theme, "La Vittoria é Mia," but the more I think of it, the more I'm feeling a cover of "Miztourage Blues," just to see if they can keep the harmonica part as clean as Bo and Axel did, despite being in a completely different key from the guitar.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Queensryche

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 05:25:45 AM »
Two days remain to post up answers.

Offline Queensryche

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 09:16:08 PM »
Well, it looks like there isn't much interest in this, so there won't be a revival. To end things, I'm going to post up my "correct" answers.

1. It's legit heat. For me, there's two ways to tell: first, the ironic cheers he gets (when he says he's not going to finish his song and when he says he's never coming back). Second, the smark shouting "THAT'S THE ONLY POP YOU'LL GET!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!" Getting a smark to give such a guttural reaction is a sign you're doing your thing as a heel.

2. If I'm Eric Young, I agree to appear on Alex Jones's show. The day I appear, I walk into his studio eating some Chobani yogurt. Then I spend my time there plugging Chobani yogurt and also praising the CEO's humanitarian work. (The full explanation can be found with some Googling).

3. I would have the Rockin' 1000 play "Volcano Girls" by Veruca Salt. Two reasons for this: first, having a couple hundred drummers playing "Learn To Fly" in sync was hypnotic. "Volcano Girls" has a nice drum part which would be nice to hear a couple hundred people playing. Secondly, this would throw a bone to the female members of the Rockin' 1000.

BONUS: Dilbert's answer involving a wrestling theme was something I did not anticipate, so I have a bonus "correct answer" for this question involving a wrestling theme.

Scene: Stadio Olimpico in Rome. The Rockin' 1000 is there, along with fans in the stands. A man gives a signal to the fans in the Curva Sud, who then begin unfurling a tifo. As they do, some elaborate artwork is revealed. They finish the reveal, and it depicts a man, arms outstretched, wearing a sequined robe, and the word "GLORIOSO" underneath. Then, 100 pianists play a familiar intro. And with that, we have Bobby Roode's WrestleMania intro.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:17:39 PM by Queensryche »