Author Topic: Survivor Series 2017 Thoughts  (Read 171 times)

Offline rated SRH

• +27/-15
  • NEVER DOUBT EL DANDY!!!!!
    • View Profile
Survivor Series 2017 Thoughts
« on: November 15, 2017, 11:52:25 AM »
Cruiserweight champion Enzo Amore vs. Kalisto - I'm picking Enzo to win sadly.

Intercontinental champion The Miz vs. United States champion Baron Corbin- I think Corbin gets the win here. This could be the start of a face Miz.

Raw tag team champions Sheamus and Cesaro vs. SmackDown tag team champions The Usos - Picking Usos to win this.

Raw women's champion Alexa Bliss vs. SmackDown women's champion Charlotte- This should be a great match. I like Charlotte to win this.

Team Raw (Alicia Fox, Nia Jax, Asuka, Sasha Banks and Bayley) vs. Team SmackDown (Becky Lynch, Carmella, Naomi, Tamina & TBD  (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination)- Pretty simple, Raw has Auska. With Charlotte pulled from this I believe Paige will make her return and be the 5th member.

Team Raw (Kurt Angle, Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor and Jason Jordan) vs. Team SmackDown (Shane McMahon, Randy Orton, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode and John Cena) (Traditional Survivor Series Elimination) - This can go several ways. Smackdown always wins these matches. I think Raw takes this one. I could see Jordan costing HHH an elimination.

WWE universal champion Brock Lesnar vs. WWE champion AJ Styles - Brock wins this. I'd like to think this will be close. Just Lesnar isn't going to lose until he faces Roman.

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
Re: Survivor Series 2017 Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 12:50:21 PM »
The Rock says, It Doesn't Matter What You Think!  :D

Haha, but really, none of this matters.  Nothing's on the line, just of bunch of him vs. him matches with minor build-up as Vince pretends the WWE is south central L.A., where people wearing blue and red want to wipe each other out.

I got the Network again for NXT Wargames, and admittedly got it early to cover the amazing PPV last month... I might watch SurSer but considering Netflix is dropping The Punisher this weekend, I doubt I'll have time.

That said, I'd guess:
* Shield/New Day - 3 former World Champs shouldn't job to tag champs, match will likely be the best on the card though.
* CW Title - Enzo wins because they didn't properly build up Kalisto and already lost their two best guys in the division (Aries/Neville)
* Tag Titles - Shrug? Probably The Usos...
* Women's Titles - Probably Charlotte cuz she just won, plus daddy.
* Undercard Titles - Miz, Corbin's still the redheaded stepchild of Smackdown.  If not for the waste of Universal Title on a part-timer, Miz should be in the main event picture.
* Big Belt Match - BrockAlwaysWinsLOL ... though AJ pulling off the upset would be the obvious 'right' answer.
* Women's Survivor Match - SD needs the win more IMO, so Asuka probably destroys everyone but gets DQed or counted out.
* Men's Survivor Match - HHH/Angle probably starts a feud toward a WM match (like Braun/Kane last month), which helps SD win, again they need it more to not be 'the B show', etc.

Even if the show is better than expected, I'm still cancelling the Network next Monday, heh.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline Rip

• +9/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 01:41:28 PM »
The question is who do I want to win vs who I think will win, so I will give you both answers

1. CW Title Enzo(Champ) vs Kalisto- I want Kalisto to go over, but that probably isn’t going to happen, so Enzo retains.

2. Shield vs New Day-I want Shield to go over and I see no real reason for them not to so Shield wins here.

3,Women’s Title: Alexa Bliss vs Charlotte-I want Alexa to win but it will probably be Charlotte for the win here.

4.Mid card titles: Miz vs Corbin- I want Miz to win and I foresee him winning as he should.

5. Tag Titles: Usos vs the Bar- I don’t care either way....but probably Usos.

6. Women’s Survivor Match: Raw vs Smackdown- not sure who will be soul survivor(s), nor do I really care too much, but just looking at the teams I saw Raw wins this oneI hope Paige is the last Entrant for Smackdown but I don’t see that helping them for a win)

7. Men’s Survivor Match: Team Angle(Raw) vs Team McMahon(Smackdown)- this could go any way really, but I saw we begin the feud between Angle and HHH which leads to Smackdown winning they need the win more, I think.

8. Men’s Main Title: Brock Lesnar vs AJ Styles-I want AJ to win here and while I am at it I want a long ass reign from him, and sadly both are probably not happening, so my prediction as much as it kills me is Lesnar over AJ.

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 02:56:40 PM »
The way Smackdown has talked, I'd be really surprised if Raw doesn't win a narrow majority of matches.

Shield d. New Day
Enzo d. Kalisto
Usos d. The Bar - This may be match of the night.
Charlotte d. Alexa Bliss - first woman to do almost everything
Miz d. Baron Corbin - this will look like a typical Miz match - take a beating, get some heat, take another beating, get saved by the Miz-tourage, SCF, 1-2-3.
Brock Lesnar d. AJ Styles - admittedly this is a vote of no-confidence in WWE to put AJ over - Mahal NEEDED to win here to not be a joke, but AJ can recover, so recover he will.
Raw SS Team (Asuka/Nia/Alicia Fox/Sasha/Bayley) d. SD SS Team (Natayla/Becky/Tamina/Naomi/Carmella) - Survivors italicized.  I'm 50/50 on Nia surviving - she and Tamina could go double-countout.  No way in HELL they kill Asuka here.
Smackdown SS Team (McMahon/Orton/Nakamura/Roode/Cena) d. Raw SS Team (Angle/HHH/Strowman/Joe/Balor) - survivors again emphasized.  Raw will spend more time imploding than fighting.  Raw goes down 5-1 (Angle wipes out HHH, Joe wipes out Balor, then Angle and Balor wipe out Joe and HHH in return), then Strowman starts pounding people to come back but Orton RKO's Strowman to maintain his perfect record (and meanwhile Strowman gets over by wiping our four people). 

Raw "wins" the PPV 4-3 (CW match doesn't count).
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline rated SRH

• +27/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 03:06:28 PM »
The way Smackdown has talked, I'd be really surprised if Raw doesn't win a narrow majority of matches.

Shield d. New Day
Enzo d. Kalisto
Miz d. Baron Corbin - this will look like a typical Miz match - take a beating, get some heat, take another beating, get saved by the Miz-tourage, SCF, 1-2-3.
Brock Lesnar d. AJ Styles - admittedly this is a vote of no-confidence in WWE to put AJ over - Mahal NEEDED to win here to not be a joke, but AJ can recover, so recover he will.
Raw SS Team (Asuka/Nia/Alicia Fox/Sasha/Bayley) d. SD SS Team (Natayla/Becky/Tamina/Naomi/Carmella) - Survivors italicized.  I'm 50/50 on Nia surviving - she and Tamina could go double-countout.  No way in HELL they kill Asuka here.
Smackdown SS Team (McMahon/Orton/Nakamura/Roode/Cena) d. Raw SS Team (Angle/HHH/Strowman/Joe/Balor) - survivors again emphasized.  Raw will spend more time imploding than fighting.  Raw goes down 5-1 (Angle wipes out HHH, Joe wipes out Balor, then Angle and Balor wipe out Joe and HHH in return), then Strowman starts pounding people to come back but Orton RKO's Strowman to maintain his perfect record (and meanwhile Strowman gets over by wiping our four people). 

Not to get picky, Orton isn't perfect at SurSer. Lost to Hardys, DX & Punk.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 03:11:15 PM »

Shield d. New Day
Enzo d. Kalisto

Don't they make a big deal about his "perfect" record at Survivor Series, or is that someone else I'm thinking of?
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

Offline rated SRH

• +27/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 03:26:27 PM »

Shield d. New Day
Enzo d. Kalisto

Don't they make a big deal about his "perfect" record at Survivor Series, or is that someone else I'm thinking of?

Since it involves Punk they just ignore the loss. So in WWE logic he's perfect.

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 04:37:27 PM »

Shield d. New Day
Enzo d. Kalisto

Since it involves Punk they just ignore the loss. So in WWE logic he's perfect.

According to ESPN, he's still the top Survivor Series performer of all-time.