Author Topic: ACE  (Read 191 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
ACE
« on: November 11, 2017, 07:14:28 PM »
When activating an ACE do we have to pay the price to activate it or can we do as much as we can? Like with Christian Coalition if I only have 1 card in my hand to sacrifice for the ace( I have to put two cards from hand on the bottom of my arsenal) can I still pick up a maneuver from ringside? Or even if I have no cards in hand can I still activate the ace for the maneuver in ringside?

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: ACE
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 07:50:39 PM »
From the OmniFAQ:

-The cost of an ACE must be paid before the option to reverse it will take place; in some cases (The Kurt Angle Invitational), it is entirely possible for an opponent to draw the reversal card, and then they may use it to reverse the effect.

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +240/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 07:59:21 PM »
Best to post card text:
The Christian Coalition 
Action: Run-in
Put 1 Maneuver card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
When this card is in your Ring area, once during each of your turns you may put 2 cards from your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal and then put 1 Maneuver card from your Ringside pile into your hand.
¶ ¶ ¶ (Activated Card Effect Symbol)
Unique
F: 5      D: 0

For aces the cost is always before the "And Then" part of the card so the cost of the Coalition is putting 2 under your deck, if your opponent plays DTTAH at that point you will discard 2 cards in addition to putting 2 under your deck and will not get to pick up a maneuver as the effect was reversed.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline niiiiick

• +13/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 09:18:49 AM »
Also, you must always pay the full cost, so if you can't meet that, you do not get the opportunity to activate it. In your example, you have 1 and cannot meet the requirement of 2, so you cannot activate it

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +310/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 09:23:20 PM »
Correct on all counts. If a hamburger costs $2, and you only have $1, you can't just give them the dollar and they give you the hamburger anyway. You have to be able to afford an ACE to use it.

"Do what you can" applies to cards that you successfully play; it doesn't apply to any sort of activated effect, including ACEs and Abilities.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.