Author Topic: Special Guest Referee  (Read 197 times)

Offline drjschell

• +16/-37
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
Special Guest Referee
« on: November 11, 2017, 03:21:46 PM »
OK, so I looked all around and was unable to locate information on SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE. It is a Pre-match / Mid-Match Virtual hybrid card. It has some really great effects on the opponent during the end of Pre-match phase... but it says "cannot be played during the Pre-Match". So how do you get it in the ring, if you cannot play it during Pre-Match? Is there some Raw Deal card that I am forgetting or missing that allows you to "put" a Pre-Match event into your ring area during Pre-match? A little help... somebody please.

thanks

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Offline Scotty

• +50/-43
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: Special Guest Referee
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 04:00:14 PM »
This is one where you really need to read the card twice. I had the same thoughts as you initially - how do I get it in my ring?

The answer is: you put it there. In response to an opponent playing a corner card, you can put it in your ring. There’s no instance where you can simply ‘play’ it as a prematch, as per the text.

Edit: It was a Gencon promo this year and is also a part of Virtual 8 non-supperstar specific cards.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »
This is one where you really need to read the card twice. I had the same thoughts as you initially - how do I get it in my ring?

The answer is: you put it there. In response to an opponent playing a corner card, you can put it in your ring. There’s no instance where you can simply ‘play’ it as a prematch, as per the text.

Edit: It was a Gencon promo this year and is also a part of Virtual 8 non-supperstar specific cards.

It also activates from your opponent playing 'precision haymaker'.

Special Guest Referee
Pre-match Event / Mid-match Action
This card is packed as a Pre-match or Mid-match, and can be packed regardless of Ability. Cannot be played during the Pre-match phase. During the game, this card is considered Superstar-specific.
When your opponent plays a non-Superstar-specific Corner with 'pack' in the text or Precision Haymaker, you may put this card from any area into your Ring.
He cannot search his Arsenal during the Pre-match phase, and at the end of the Pre-match phase, look at his hand, choose 1 card, and remove it from the game.
Any player may choose to draw 0 cards for Precision Haymaker, and may replace 'Back Body Drop' with 'Precision Haymaker' on their reversals.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     RMS logo

Offline drjschell

• +16/-37
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 08:52:11 PM »
Thanks guys

So Scotty, How many Corner cards are there? Not too many, right? Rikishi, and 1 or 2 others is about it I think. Unless there are lots of CORNERS in the Revolution cards... I don't play Revolution, so I wouldn't know. Seems like an awesome card to have, but limited unless you know your playing up against someone with CORNERS, hard to pack it as a contingency otherwise.

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »
All the Virtual 1-4 Superstars have a Corner, so it has much more use in VAA than VC in that one aspect.

However, Precision Haymaker exists in either format, so for those who want an answer to it - here you go.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar