Author Topic: HYPE! FFTCG Opus IV  (Read 85 times)

Offline Queensryche

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
HYPE! FFTCG Opus IV
« on: November 09, 2017, 05:27:43 AM »
More spoilers are coming out for Opus IV, and what I just saw got me HYPED.

FINAL FANTASY VI LOVE! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

My initial thoughts:

Setzer - Pricey, but being able to search for an FFVI character and his mini-Rinoa ability make him useful
Sabin - WOW. THAT is going to see TONS of play in aggro decks. The first ability alone is amazing. His second and third abilities are more situational, but I could see Rising Phoenix enabling you to set up a quick board wipe.
Gau - .......Eh. Kinda expensive, and I am not sure you'll ever get to use Rage all that often.
A man once asked "Are Harry Winks and Eric Dier better than Jack Wilshere?"
The answer is "Well, yeah."

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: HYPE! FFTCG Opus IV
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 06:26:24 AM »
Setzer is the new Steiner, except minus the EX burst (which is significant)

I'm a huge fan of Tama - I could see an Earth/Fire deck where Sabin is cheated into play when a character would be otherwise broken.  But in mono-Fire 4F 10K is nothing to sneeze at either.  One of the principles of the deck that won the East Coast Petit Cup was the Fire backup that added 2K to any forward and then smacking people with it.

Gau isn't there for Rage, he's there for cheaping monster abilities.  So far we know of:

1. Pop Bomb for 4K, play Gau, pop Bomb for 4k again.
2. Play a cheap minion (the Water Knight that is +1K for each backup), pop Goblin to Haste it and draw 1, then play Gau to put Goblin in play (and optionally popping him again to Haste Gau and draw). 

EDIT2: Ahriman in a Water/Wind deck too - I think it's 1 Wind and break Ahriman to break a Monster or Forward - double the breaking!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 06:35:07 AM by BigPimpin »
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Queensryche

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: HYPE! FFTCG Opus IV
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 07:27:47 PM »
Funny that you mention a WOFF character, because this was just revealed as well.
A man once asked "Are Harry Winks and Eric Dier better than Jack Wilshere?"
The answer is "Well, yeah."