Poll

Should we allow NXT to be the fourth option st Worlds?

Yes, I want NXT as a 4th option.
15 (53.6%)
No, I would not like NXT as a 4th option.
13 (46.4%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: December 04, 2017, 09:40:59 AM

Author Topic: NXT as the fourth format for Worlds  (Read 2593 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
Re: NXT as the fourth format for Worlds
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »
Stop.

This was NEVER part of the discussion, and while you have strong feelings on the matter, there was never an option on the table to change the rules of official Raw Deal tournament play.  Proxies aren't allowed, period.

Please return to the topic of discussion, or go to the Rants forum and have a ball.  Thanks.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2017, 01:00:14 PM »
Giving time to swap seems good to me. I personally try to keep 1-2 playsets of all cards at most, then recently have been willing to hand out cards to newer players so they can get their own base started without having to spend a bunch.

Wasn't it just a few years, Jake was playing 2 mankind decks I believe for VC and VAA and he just had the swap put cards ready when formats changed, takes a couple to 5 minutes at most. You already have decklists that are required, use them and track what cards need to be swapped.

Anyways, sorry for continuing an off topic conversation, but either way I love nxt because it is the closest to the classic version of the game. Yes it is close to VC, but still has a much different view because of the limited backlash and banned list. With 12/12 6/6, you can be a little more broad with your approach (don't suggest it, but just saying) but with 8/8 4/4 you have to be much more careful with what you choose and how to play them.

I'm personally against VAA just because of the brokenness and how it creates so much more work for you guys to create cards as you always have to be weary of that format...but whatever the choice is, I still love the game and will play whatever format there is when I finally choose the right moment to make my worlds debut
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:02:48 PM by niiiiick »

Offline rated SRH

• +40/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2017, 06:06:03 AM »
Want to bump this for relevance. Voting will lock in a few hours.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline rated SRH

• +40/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2017, 07:47:12 AM »
Voting is now locked. NXT won the vote to be the 4th format for Worlds with a 15 to 13 vote.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal