Author Topic: BOO! Virtual 8B  (Read 1333 times)

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
Re: BOO! Virtual 8B
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 10:49:45 PM »
I really dig the backstage cards for the Shield members and Kane.

Kane and Rollins Authority ones though are definitely my favorite!
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline GamerZombie

• +8/-9
  • Road to Victory to draw a card!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2017, 06:36:43 AM »
I am also very in favor of those alternate play style type cards. Like X-PAC exploring more builds such as heat. Still to this day I juggle the Kurt Angle 3I build versus his others thanks to his prematch. Keeps me rebuilding older guys. Nothing is more boring to me than a 1 dimensional build that everyone more or less plays the same.
-Collin Simon- (Guy with the Raw Deal sign at MiB 15')
--The Guardtower Raw Deal League Organizer--
---The Guardtower, Columbus Ohio

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
Agreed, the idea of a non-nWo X-Pac has been on my To Do list for quite a while, but it was hard to come up with something thematically to make that happen.  Then someone suggested an X-Factor fantasy set with enough ideas to develop that as an alternate build for 'Pac instead.

In other news, I'd updated the Rhodes Bros guide, and adjusted the Rollins guide, to more clearly show the 'either/or' packing.  Also, the Lackey oversized image issue should be fixed now, just needs a fresh download.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +74/-67
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2017, 01:06:49 PM »
Agreed, the idea of a non-nWo X-Pac has been on my To Do list for quite a while, but it was hard to come up with something thematically to make that happen.  Then someone suggested an X-Factor fantasy set with enough ideas to develop that as an alternate build for 'Pac instead.

In other news, I'd updated the Rhodes Bros guide, and adjusted the Rollins guide, to more clearly show the 'either/or' packing.  Also, the Lackey oversized image issue should be fixed now, just needs a fresh download.

CREED

I know this isn't the place for "hopes and dreams" but I'd welcome more backstage cards like X-Pac, Kane and The Shield guys got. It's basically a cure for factions/groups/character changes that come saddled with severe picture issues to justify an entire card set. The first one that comes to mind is a T&A Backstage card for Trish, Test and/or A-Train.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline maskedllama

• +62/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2017, 05:50:43 PM »
The new Last Outlaw card gave me goosebumps.  Fantastic picture to go with it
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline daftw

• +0/-0
  • If you ain't Phenomenal, you don't want none!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »
The Ambrose Asylum     (Dean Ambrose logo)
Pre-match Event: Heat
Cannot be blanked.
At the end of the Pre-match phase, draw 3 cards, and your opponent may discard 2 cards; if he does not, put 3 cards from you hand under this card.
ACE: During your turn when you have not Activated any cards this turn, you may put 1 card under this card on the bottom of your Arsenal, and then he reveals 1 random card in his hand; when his card is an action, he puts that card and 1 random card from hand on the bottom of his Arsenal, when it is a non-hybrid reversal, he cannot play cards with that title to your next maneuver played this turn. You cannot Activate cards for the rest of the turn.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

I noticed that there is a "Heat" trait here but not on the actual card itself, do clarity on this. :)

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2017, 11:14:17 PM »
I know this isn't the place for "hopes and dreams" but I'd welcome more backstage cards like X-Pac, Kane and The Shield guys got. It's basically a cure for factions/groups/character changes that come saddled with severe picture issues to justify an entire card set. The first one that comes to mind is a T&A Backstage card for Trish, Test and/or A-Train.

I agree here. It helps superstars have a fresh coat of paint to keep them interesting again. Really liking how the game changes from these, even though these have already in some forms, already appeared in the game earlier such as Santino Marella's COBRA backstage or Big Poppa Pump's nWo-affiliated/non-nWo affiliated prematch.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2017, 11:50:12 PM »
I noticed that there is a "Heat" trait here but not on the actual card itself, do clarity on this. :)

Previously reported in the thread, the image is in error and will be fixed later.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline niiiiick

• +13/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2017, 07:10:31 PM »

Legit Boss     (Sasha Banks logo)
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.  Your Pre-match Capacity is +2.
When you completely reverse your opponent's maneuver, put up to 1 non-hybrid maneuver that is Sasha Banks-specific or has 'back' in the title from your Ringside into your hand; when you have equal or lower Fortitude, and that card is your next card played this turn, it is now Multi and ignore 'completely' on reversals to it.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     NXT logo

Should that say: "played this turn" or should that text be removed...this effect is dependent on you reversing a move, and comes into effect during their turn. Or am I reading this wrong??

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 07:13:11 PM »

Pre-match Event
When you completely reverse your opponent's maneuver, put up to 1 non-hybrid maneuver that is Sasha Banks-specific or has 'back' in the title from your Ringside into your hand; when you have equal or lower Fortitude, and that card is your next card played this turn, it is now Multi and ignore 'completely' on reversals to it.

Should that say: "played this turn" or should that text be removed...this effect is dependent on you reversing a move, and comes into effect during their turn. Or am I reading this wrong??

"That card" does not refer to the reversed maneuver, but to the maneuver you picked up.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline niiiiick

• +13/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 07:15:42 PM »

Pre-match Event

"That card" does not refer to the reversed maneuver, but to the maneuver you picked up.

Yes, but you are picking that maneuver up during your opponents turn via the effect, and the rest of the effect is still triggering during your opponents turn...that's where my confusion is coming from. Should it rather say "and that card is the first card played on your next turn..." yes a little more wordy, but it doesn't make much sense as it's currently worded

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +310/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
Yes, that should refer to playing the card as your first card on your next turn. Sasha doesn't have an ability to throw maneuvers during the opponent's turn.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.