Author Topic: BOO! Virtual 8B  (Read 1334 times)

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
BOO! Virtual 8B
« on: October 31, 2017, 08:31:51 AM »
Happy Halloween! 

If you want to dress up as a WWE Superstar, you have to have all the right accessories, so here's some accessories for the Superstars in Raw Deal.  (Terrible segue, I know, best I could do....)  :)

The files are ready for download here, and the full text list is updated here.  (Superstar Guides will be updated in the next day or so, I'll post when it is completed.)

There's some changes to Virtual 8, a couple fixes and corrections.  This file contains those cards:
V8A Changes: (.doc/.pdf)

Here's the list of V8A changes:

* Error Corrections:
Funk's Hangman's Neckbreaker - corrected card type on image
Jeff's Jawbreaker - added "multi" on the image.
The Enforcer - duplicate "on your" text on the image
Summer Rae's Indian Deathlock - fixed typo "reversal any Submission..."
The Supreme Fighting Machine - corrected 'in the title' when referencing cards
The People's Eyebrow - removed errant "multi" on the image

* Changed text:
Live For the Moment - Throwback
Backstage Card
Replace 'Volley' with 'non-Run-in High Risk' in the text of your Managed by Lita.
Once during each of your turns when you successfully play a maneuver, you may discard 1 card and when your next card played this turn is a Unique High Risk, you may ignore the "Can only be played after..." text, it is +3D and +1 Stun Value; when you do and your maneuver is reversed, you may discard 2 cards and continue your turn, but your next card played can only be a Unique High Risk, and when damage is applied from that card, end your turn.
Unique     RMS logo

CREED
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:04:52 AM by CreedP »
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline Scotty

• +50/-43
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: BOO! Virtual 8B
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 09:17:09 AM »
So much treats!! Excited to print and play them.

Also, happy to see that Team Extreme can't throw the turn 1 Let Me Get A Shot In anymore.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »
Very excited for the cards here! And once again, TCO really outdoing themselves this time around. Really impressed at the sheer amount of awesome new cards to try in games now.

Offline Buddha Dudley

• 2011 & 2012 World Champion / 2014 & 2015 ACMT Winner
  • Global Moderator
  • +224/-134
  • It's good to be the boss!
    • View Profile
    • VELACARDS.com for all your Raw Deal Purchasing Needs
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 10:07:54 AM »
Summer Rae's Indian Deathlock says "reversa any"
VP of the Raw Deal Players Committee

Buddha's tl;dr for every post "I go to PWG all the time...bay-bay!"

Drew is pretty well the king

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 10:59:52 AM »
That's annoying.  Oh well, I'll fix it Revision time.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline Shelan

• +0/-4
  • And That's the Bottom Line...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »
Wow! Simply wow! Love you guys!
"Imagine speaking with your oldest, wisest, most optimal future self. What you're doing is tapping deep into your subconscious. Let your choices be guided by the person you hope to become." — Brianna Wiest

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 12:28:54 PM »
Awesome. Thank you guys so much.

Trish's Thezs Press has little typo. It reads "As a maneuver can only be played a successfully played card."
Beware, take care. Because the freaks come out at night!!!

Offline riothebeast

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 04:56:09 PM »
Thank you for the batista stuff. Im so happy early christmas i love it.

Offline GamerZombie

• +8/-9
  • Road to Victory to draw a card!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 05:01:14 PM »
Treats indeed! So many new logos, Hidden gems, and things to try! Thanks for all the new goodies.
-Collin Simon- (Guy with the Raw Deal sign at MiB 15')
--The Guardtower Raw Deal League Organizer--
---The Guardtower, Columbus Ohio

Offline thebear308

• +12/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 06:05:06 PM »
Should Social Outcasts be listed as Multi?  It's not Multi in the set list text or on the card image, but it is Action + Action.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 06:24:18 PM »
Yes, it's Multi.

I'll update the text list, we'll get the image updated later.

Yeesh...

CREED

Offline maskedllama

• +62/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
boom de yada
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2017, 06:52:29 PM »
Thank you all very much. I love all the memories these cards bring up. I love hearing the catchphrases being read in a wrestlers voice. I love remembering old Stables or angles. I love maneuvers that make a match seem even more specific to that character. 

I doubt we will ever see Adam Rose super star card, or sadly probably not Bo Dallas. But I do enjoy seeing those logos and entertaining that hope. 

My compliments to the design team as well. We have some fantastic pictures and those new logos do look good.

Also happy Halloween.

LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 06:53:30 PM »
*coughs politely* 

:)

CREED

Offline paulphh

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 12:33:36 AM »
I love these thanks team. I gotta ask will we ever see the outcasts individually or even Emma and the ascension?  Thanks again Creed and the team.

Offline Naitchng

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 02:12:32 AM »
The Ambrose Asylum card is missing the heat trait text

Offline Eric RD

• +11/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2017, 03:39:10 AM »
No wonder the sets were kept separate. This is a giant release. Thanks for putting in the work. It's great to be caught up in the game when a big support set comes out like this.
Barrie, Ontario Tournament Organizer. Posting our monthly events on YouTube.
Backlash Podcast - A Raw Deal conversation - available every other Tuesday on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube.
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/
http://backlashpod.podiant.co
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline GamerZombie

• +8/-9
  • Road to Victory to draw a card!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »
People wondering about all those extra logos like there won’t be a holiday set... I’ve got a good feeling about that. Let’s enjoy V8 for a bit shall we.  ;)
-Collin Simon- (Guy with the Raw Deal sign at MiB 15')
--The Guardtower Raw Deal League Organizer--
---The Guardtower, Columbus Ohio

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 11:43:04 AM »
Agreed.  And to that end, I just finished updating the Superstar Guides.  Let me know if I missed anything, remakes and tag teams I might have forgotten, etc.

CREED

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »
I love these thanks team. I gotta ask will we ever see the outcasts individually or even Emma and the ascension?  Thanks again Creed and the team.

Creed would be better equipped to answer this question (though he may prefer not to, because spoilers), but my understanding is that superstar sets depend on three things: enough pictures to create a set, a solid idea for what the superstar would do, and a reason to believe that a reasonable enough segment of the player base would want to see that superstar come to life. If any of those three is lacking, a set either can't or won't be created, but if all three exist, the odds are good that you'll see a given superstar eventually.

Eventually may be anywhere from Virtual 9 to Virtual 37, mind you, but eventually.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2017, 12:16:18 PM »
Virtual 37

Virtual 37: We're Not Even Supposed to Be Here Today
-Starring the superstars of Southpaw Regional Wrestling

...sorry, couldn't help it.

Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +113/-53
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 12:30:47 PM »
Oh dear god I hope I'm not still doing this when we're at Virtual 37.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 12:40:10 PM »
Ye gads, that's a long way off indeed.... :(

But without wanting to go into details, suffice to say that a lot of the talent coming up from NXT has caught our eye, even if they are fumbled on the main roster shows.  Ascension, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Emma, Vaudevillains, and others have ideas and at least a framework (if not a full set) sitting in storage.  The key goes with what BigPimpin' said, and also - is there a real interest in these guys?

We've seen the Michael Tarvers and Ezekiel Jacksons of the world get pushed with no real character, we include them because they were shoved into a group, but it becomes difficult to support them with no real theme, catchphrases, or further development.

Thankfully NXT is fantastic about developing the character and getting people interested in who they are, fleshing out what they do, etc.  But that's another conversation.  :)

Back to the question, would we ever see them in Raw Deal?  Quite possibly.  For those who didn't succeed as well on the main roster, how do we make them interesting?  We have some ideas, and we'll see when that time comes.

For now, though, the time is for Virtual 8's full release to be explored and enjoyed!  I'm still waiting for people to find a few of my personal favorite cards in the set, heh.

CREED

Offline LawnMowerMan

• +6/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 02:59:51 PM »
Ye gads, that's a long way off indeed.... :(

But without wanting to go into details, suffice to say that a lot of the talent coming up from NXT has caught our eye, even if they are fumbled on the main roster shows.  Ascension, Adam Rose, Bo Dallas, Emma, Vaudevillains, and others have ideas and at least a framework (if not a full set) sitting in storage.  The key goes with what BigPimpin' said, and also - is there a real interest in these guys?

We've seen the Michael Tarvers and Ezekiel Jacksons of the world get pushed with no real character, we include them because they were shoved into a group, but it becomes difficult to support them with no real theme, catchphrases, or further development.

Thankfully NXT is fantastic about developing the character and getting people interested in who they are, fleshing out what they do, etc.  But that's another conversation.  :)

Back to the question, would we ever see them in Raw Deal?  Quite possibly.  For those who didn't succeed as well on the main roster, how do we make them interesting?  We have some ideas, and we'll see when that time comes.

For now, though, the time is for Virtual 8's full release to be explored and enjoyed!  I'm still waiting for people to find a few of my personal favorite cards in the set, heh.

CREED

Would many faces of Damien Sandow be one? currently that's my new favorite card.
Current Illinois Tournament Organizer.

Offline Ryx

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 07:40:35 PM »
Really appreciate all the work that went into the new set and all the previous sets as well. Would it be possible to do something for the Rhodes Bros. in the superstar guide similar to what was done for Phenom with an either - or listing for the Cody Rhodes and Stardust specifics? Right now Rhodes Bros only shows Cody stuff and the new backstage.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 08:22:29 PM »
Oh right, thanks.  I was thinking I should give it the A ---OR--- B treatment like you suggest, but forgot.

I'll put that on my To Do list, might get to it tomorrow if work doesn't interfere.

CREED