Author Topic: Hell In A Cell + Ryback question  (Read 181 times)

Offline Smudge

• +1/-4
  • Good at mountain climbing, guitar solos and lying.
    • View Profile
Hell In A Cell + Ryback question
« on: October 26, 2017, 03:47:50 AM »
Am I right in saying that if Ryback Rules is in the discard pile during the Pre-match and Hell In A Cell is in the ring area I can still play Ryback Rules from the discard?

Similar to how Blindside moves get around the Cell as 'played' is different to moved?

On a side note, If I had to discard any of the mid-matches that bounce (Turnbuckles, Immune TB etc) and Cell was in play, would they go back? I assumed they would as Revolution of the Mind is still removed even in the Cell as it's an effect that happens before it hits the Ringside right?

I've checked the OmniFAQ and it reads as though I'm right, but just wanted a little clarification. Thank you :)
"Temperamental, passionate and impulsive all are terms by which Martyn would be known were he not larger than everyone else. Since he is, though, he is simply "the fat one.".

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Hell In A Cell + Ryback question
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 04:07:39 AM »
Your analogy is correct - if you have 5+ cards under Ryback Rules, it will allow you to play Ryback-specific non-reversal cards from Ringside while in the Cell.  Movement is still blocked - you wouldn't be able to put Shell Shocked at the bottom of your Arsenal for example - but playing the Shell Shocked is fine.

On the discarded mid, they never actually make it to the Ringside pile as part of their resolution.  Because of this, the Cell can never lock them down, and they return to your Backlash deck as instructed.
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Smudge

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 07:26:08 AM »
Thank you for the reply, there's just one last bit I wanted to check, if Hell In a Cell is active and Ryback Rules is in my Ringside during the prematch phase, can I still play it?

Ryback Rules
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked, can be played from Ringside, and your opponent cannot prevent you from playing this card.
Put up to 4 cards from your Backlash under this card.
When you have no D: 1+ Pre-match cards in your Ring, your cards are -1F for each card under this card, and your maneuvers are +1D for every 2 cards under this card; when Backed by Paul Heyman is in your Ring, his printed 5F+ reversals are +2F for each card under this card; when you have 5+ cards under this card, once during each of your turns you may play a Ryback-specific non-Trademark Finisher card from Ringside as if from hand.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

The reason I ask is I'm thinking for a Prematch

Bitter Rivals
Cell
Bischoff
IAATG
Ryback Rules (From Discard)

Can I do this? The play wording on the card makes me think that I can
"Temperamental, passionate and impulsive all are terms by which Martyn would be known were he not larger than everyone else. Since he is, though, he is simply "the fat one.".

Offline niiiiick

• +13/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 07:30:29 AM »
The main thing here is playing something from ringsidr is completely different than moving something from ringside. You can play from ringside if HiaC is active similarly to how you brought up initially that blindside cards (and heat cards as well) can get around it be cause they're being played, not moved. Anything else, like trying to put it back into your backlash, or even putting something into your ring from ringside is blocked, not playing.

Hope that makes sense?

Offline Smudge

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 07:35:12 AM »
Fantastic, clears that up nicely

One last thing, bit off topic but how exactly do I get more cards under Ryback Rules? I've looked through all his cards and I'm just not seeing a way of doing it? What am I missing?

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 07:39:51 AM »
Fantastic, clears that up nicely

One last thing, bit off topic but how exactly do I get more cards under Ryback Rules? I've looked through all his cards and I'm just not seeing a way of doing it? What am I missing?

WAKE UP! - Throwback
Backstage Card
At the end of the Pre-match phase, draw # cards (where # is equal to 12 minus the number of cards in your hand) and then put 2 cards from hand on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Your Ryback-specific actions can only be reversed by Superstar-specific reversals; when successfully played and you do not have a card with 'Heyman' in the title in your Ring or Ringside, put up to 1 card from your Ringside under Ryback Rules.
Unique     RMS logo

Unfortunately for your deckbuild, this won't work with the Cell down, but that's how you build up Ryback Rules.

Note that this doesn't work with all the elements of Ryback Rules, so it means you get either the fortitude modification to your opponent's reversals OR the ability to play cards from Ringside, since the plunge requires Backed by Paul Heyman in your Ring, and you can't put more cards under Ryback Rules with Heyman cards out.

---------

As a strategy element, if you're playing with Ryback, you're playing with Virtual cards. If you're playing with Virtual cards, your opponent should have the full Shenanigans set out. If they do, your All About the Game will be blank, so don't count on that to put Ryback Rules in your discard.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:46:38 AM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Smudge

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 07:43:48 AM »
Right under my nose. Oh well, I'll still take the -4F to cards, +2D to moves and big hand size with IAATG :p

Thanks everyone for the help!