Author Topic: Best Premiere Smackdown Superstar? (2004 Format)  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Shaneth

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Best Premiere Smackdown Superstar? (2004 Format)
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:51:38 AM »
Hi again,

Who do you think was the best Premiere Smackdown Superstar from the 2004 format? (Divas Overload)

The goal of this deck was to play PSS and then Diving Takedown + Roll Out of the Ring/Don't Hate the Playa to discard the opponent's hand and draw massive advantage and win the game from there.

I played Rikishi because 3x Gettin' Cheeky With It allowed for increased defense against a lot of decks. Also I Can't Be Reading This Right was a great tool early game to help Rikishi search out whatever Maneuvers he needed (Pump Kick, Clutch/Apply, etc).

The only tournament I played in Singapore in 2004 was won by a Ric Flair PSS deck, which made a lot of sense because Ric Flair locked the opponent at 0 fortitude and Diving Takedowns stripped their hand so they couldn't do anything. Ric Flair could also discard any pesky Pre-match cards.

Was there anything better or on par with either of these two PSS decks from back then?
Thanks!

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: Best Premiere Smackdown Superstar? (2004 Format)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 12:10:05 PM »
I was going to say Ric Flair as well.

Two other decks that are great with PSDS were Brock Lesnar and Undertaker.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 12:30:05 PM »
I had fun with a PSDS Rey deck, before Managed by Vince and Product Endorsements were thrownback are made sub-3SV Premiere decks a risky attempt.  The idea was the same, get some Fortitude, use PSDS/Diving Takedown etc. to gain hand advantage, then hit the West Coast Pop for the win.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 01:08:42 PM »
I had fun with a PSDS Rey deck, before Managed by Vince and Product Endorsements were thrownback are made sub-3SV Premiere decks a risky attempt.  The idea was the same, get some Fortitude, use PSDS/Diving Takedown etc. to gain hand advantage, then hit the West Coast Pop for the win.

CREED

You built a Rey Rey deck that won with maneuvers??  And played his finisher too?  Heresy!  ...well done.  :D
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Shaneth

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 01:26:24 PM »
Undertaker makes a lot of sense for PSDS. One of my friends at my local shop ran a Hard Being Original Undertaker and it was on a pretty good win streak.

The Rey Mysterio deck I have built right now is Back to Basics, another deck I saw when I was in Singapore.

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 04:59:45 PM »
I also like PSS Rey. B2B Rey not as much as I feel the 0f B2B moves kinda suck.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 06:32:10 PM »
I also like PSS Rey. B2B Rey not as much as I feel the 0f B2B moves kinda suck.

But it doesn't matter that much when your opponent doesn't even get to have a turn

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 08:34:40 AM »
Yep. Built it and it's good. Still like Premier Smack Down Rey also.