Author Topic: Backstage Area  (Read 360 times)

Offline Marcthearchitect

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Backstage Area
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:29:19 AM »
Am i correct to assume there is no limit to backstage area cards you can use as long as you don't have duplicates (unless stated you can)?

At first i thought it was something reasonable like you can only use 3 or 4 backstage area cards, but the more i read the more it looks like comic images just said eff it and made them unlimited?

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Backstage Area
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:15:44 AM »
Am i correct to assume there is no limit to backstage area cards you can use as long as you don't have duplicates (unless stated you can)?

At first i thought it was something reasonable like you can only use 3 or 4 backstage area cards, but the more i read the more it looks like comic images just said eff it and made them unlimited?

You are correct.

Unless another effect limits you (Don't Be That Guy, Connecting with the WWE Universe, Preparing for One Hell Of A Match), your backstage area has no limit to the total number of cards you could pack in it so long as they are Backstage cards or they are specifically allowed to be packed by another effect (ex. Sabu's Superstar Ability allows him to pack ECW One Night Stand in the Backstage).  Each card must also follow pack rules - since  99% of the Backstage cards in the game are Unique, that means that you may only have one of each in your Backstage Area unless specifically allowed (Test's ability allows him to pack 2 of each Backstage card in his Backstage area). 
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Marcthearchitect

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 02:46:21 PM »
I hate it. There are so many backstage cards that say for example...give your opponent -1 SSV. Thats effed....so i just play with all these backstage signature cards and play unlimited amounts...as long as i have them and suddenly before we even get to the pre-match phase you have 0 SSV and i have 10...that's some seriously messed up crap. So basically everyone better have every unique backstage card or you will have no SSV by the time you play your first Pre-match.

Probably my least favorite part of the game since re introducing myself. 

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 02:53:34 PM »
EDIT:  AHA! After a PM conversation, I see what the issue is.  Apparently someone he was playing revealed a handful of Backstage Signatures and claimed they were 'different cards'.  No, that's not remotely legal, the card can be signed by whoever but still has the same title, and it is a Unique card.  Only 1 can be packed.

Hopefully that clears it up, heh. 

CREED
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 04:02:11 PM by CreedP »
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline Marcthearchitect

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »
Thank you for helping me clear this up. You have been an incredible help.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 04:32:29 PM »
Thank you for helping me clear this up. You have been an incredible help.

Quite honestly if the person who told you that was legal.....you need to have a long....and unpleasant conversation with them.....that's for lack of other way to say it....pretty damned douchey of said person.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Eric RD

• +12/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 07:38:39 PM »
You should find a way to borrow a bunch of signatures and build a Doink deck using his rules. He may have a change of heart to the actual rules afterwards.
Backlash Podcast - A Raw Deal conversation - available every other Tuesday on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube.
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/
http://backlashpod.podiant.co
Visit http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal for our events and podcast.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 07:59:16 PM »
You should find a way to borrow a bunch of signatures and build a Doink deck using his rules. He may have a change of heart to the actual rules afterwards.

I'd be more apt to introduce him to the wrong end of my goalie stick  ;D
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline drjschell

• +16/-37
  • "P6!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 10:47:27 PM »
you got that right Eric RD... hahahaha! I'd buy that for a dollar!

- The P6 Peep

"Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"