Author Topic: Would this work  (Read 167 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Would this work
« on: October 09, 2017, 02:31:19 PM »
The British Powerhouse
Backstage Card
Your British Bulldog-specific maneuvers are considered Grapples for your effects.
When your opponent reverses your non-Chain Multi Grapple without playing 2 or more reversals, during his next turn if the first card played is a maneuver, he discards 1 card.
When Calgary, Alberta, Canada is in your Ring, and he completely reverses your Multi Grapple, shuffle up to 2 maneuvers from your Ringside into your Arsenal.
Unique     RMS logo     WWF Classic logo

If my opponent reverses my multi with a card with completely in the text from arsenal, would I be able to use the effect of The British Powerhouse?

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Would this work
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »
Yes. Neither of the two relevant clauses on the card specify that the reversal effect has to come from a particular zone to work, so as long as the Multi Grapple is reversed (with a single card, or a card and a non-card reversal effect, for the first clause), you get the effect.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Scotty

• +50/-43
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: Would this work
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 04:10:24 PM »
Yes. Neither of the two relevant clauses on the card specify that the reversal effect has to come from a particular zone to work, so as long as the Multi Grapple is reversed (with a single card, or a card and a non-card reversal effect, for the first clause), you get the effect.

Two overturned reversals would fit the bill too for the first part as two reversals must be "played" to get around discarding 1 next turn.