Author Topic: Evolution PRS Table Scoop Deck  (Read 542 times)

Offline Shaneth

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
Evolution PRS Table Scoop Deck
« on: October 05, 2017, 03:19:33 AM »
A long time ago (2004 I think) I remember reading and building an Evolution deck that discarded the opponent's hand and hit them with a Grapple move for the win. I remember it being very cheesy and I want to rebuild it for nostalgia reasons. 2004 format was Diva's Overload / Raw and Smackdown tins and back I believe.

Does anyone remember how this deck worked and what cards it used for the combo?

I especially do not remember how the deck got Fortitude, or if it needed it because Dance Coach Dance made everything 0F. Pump Kick or Turn Up The Heat come to mind, but I'm not 100% sure.

Here are a few cards I remember using:

Premiere Raw Superstar
Dance Coach Dance
She's Got Legs
Get the Tables!
You Can't Spell Furniture Without F-U-N
Tables Tables Tables
Scoop Slam (can use any Grapple, but Scoop Slam had Scoop in the title)

And I think I played Got Wood to bring back the Tables.

I remember you got out all 3 Tables, played She's Got Legs, and hit them with a 30+ damage Scoop Slam and they couldn't reverse it somehow (maybe fortitude modification?). They didn't have a hand because you discarded it all by playing a bunch of Raw cards for Premiere Raw Superstar.

Any help is appreciated, maybe even a decklist or a list of cards to look at.
Thanks!

Offline Eric RD

• +11/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
Re: Evolution PRS Table Scoop Deck
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 03:55:49 AM »
I'm not familiar with this deck, although I do recall a Trish Status deck doing something similar. The maneuver you might be thinking  about is Wheelbarrow Slam.

Wheelbarrow Slam
Grapple
Can only be reversed from your opponent’s hand.
When successfully played, overturn 1 card.
F: 0      D: 3
Barrie, Ontario Tournament Organizer. Posting our monthly events on YouTube.
Backlash Podcast - A Raw Deal conversation - available every other Tuesday on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube.
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/
http://backlashpod.podiant.co
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 05:09:48 AM »
Yeah Wheelbarrow Slam was the OTK card of choice back then and Evo was one of several that could do that style well. PRS + Coach = no hand in like 2 turns.  Then Legs + Tables + Wheelbarrow Slam for gg. It had counters but they were all painfully bad against the field.   
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 03:24:09 PM »
And if that doesn't work out it's fun to throw Plunged Chair Shots with Chicago Street Fight + Dem Damn Dudleyz + You Can't Spell Furniture!

I think I was playing as Ric Flair once in a deck I built like that and I hit Mankind with the same Chair about 4 or 5 times. LOL!
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +240/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 05:21:39 PM »
And if that doesn't work out it's fun to throw Plunged Chair Shots with Chicago Street Fight + Dem Damn Dudleyz + You Can't Spell Furniture!

I think I was playing as Ric Flair once in a deck I built like that and I hit Mankind with the same Chair about 4 or 5 times. LOL!

My old RVD deck ran those shenanigans :)
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline Shaneth

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 09:25:57 PM »
Thanks for the replies!
Wheelbarrow Slam makes complete sense.

Does anyone remember the opening plays for the deck? I can't remember the exact cards of how the deck functioned, like which Raw cards to play to discard their hand, how to get fortitude or if you even needed it.

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 06:47:30 AM »
Thanks for the replies!
Wheelbarrow Slam makes complete sense.

Does anyone remember the opening plays for the deck? I can't remember the exact cards of how the deck functioned, like which Raw cards to play to discard their hand, how to get fortitude or if you even needed it.

Ideally you didn't need much Fortitude.  This is a long time ago and my memory may be foggy, but the basis was something like this:

Pre usually included (IIRC)
Raw IC Title
Raw HW Title
Managed by Bischoff
PRS
Dance, Coach

Turn 1
Furniture Without F-U-N!
Get The Tables
Get The Tables
Get The Tables
(optional) Where's The Payoff (wipe as much of the hand as possible...)
From the Mind of Eric Bischoff (...and pick up the Raw cards again, irreversibly)
Did I Just Say Three Minutes?
Here's a Ratings Booster (somewhere around here they had no hand...)
Twisted Smile (...which means this reads as "Draw 3")
Twisted Smile
Twisted Smile
Wheelbarrow Slam for 3 (no hand, so all the way through)
Table
Table
Table

She's Got Legs for absurd numbers
Pop 3 Tables
Wheelbarrow Slam for GG

There were a lot of 10-12 hand superstars running in the meta, so if your opponent wasn't Shawn Michaels, your target was to do about 48D between the two slams.
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

Online Scotty

• +50/-43
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 06:53:10 AM »
Completely off topic, but that "Many Months Later" image made me burst out laughing!!

This was not a fun deck to play against. If you're going to build it for nostalgic purposes, I suggest just playing solo/practice, etc...since in the end, that's all you'll do any way, except you'll have an upset opponent across the table.

Offline CRASHER

• +81/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 06:56:48 AM »
Yeah this was the era of very unfriendly and not fun Raw Dealing.....3 Just Bring it's and 3 OG Not on my Broadcasts were a MUST (though the TB pre-match one did kick this in the nuts too)....the PRS Error of Raw Deal is one I am glad to never see come back again

....keep in mind if people in your group are playing virtual cards (or even Restricted Use) there's a lot of ways to kick this plan in the nuts now.....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 08:16:22 AM »
Not to mention it was all pre-Volley This.  I recall a nasty Pays to Be Evil deck with Evolution that could throw 0F Bait Opponents (use ability on Surge) and kill people on turn 1 with little resistance.  Both of these fell by the wayside with VT, as they should since this is supposed to be a game about WRESTLING heh.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline BigPimpin

• +275/-147
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 09:33:51 AM »
Completely off topic, but that "Many Months Later" image made me burst out laughing!!

Mission accomplished.  :D

Not to mention it was all pre-Volley This.  I recall a nasty Pays to Be Evil deck with Evolution that could throw 0F Bait Opponents (use ability on Surge) and kill people on turn 1 with little resistance.  Both of these fell by the wayside with VT, as they should since this is supposed to be a game about WRESTLING heh.

CREED

Funny enough, the above deck (Evo Scoop) was the IAATG era, which was made to (I guess) counter the PRS / PSDS era of Divas, but it let to a whole cluster of high-SSV scoop decks (my flavor was Two Man Power Trip IAATG plunge, which was very successful back then).  But if you weren't one of those IAATG-compatible decks...again, no fun. 

Offline Shaneth

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
This is a long time ago and my memory may be foggy, but the basis was something like this:

Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

This was not a fun deck to play against. If you're going to build it for nostalgic purposes, I suggest just playing solo/practice, etc...since in the end, that's all you'll do any way, except you'll have an upset opponent across the table.

Yup it's just for nostalgia. I am quite aware it is a solitaire deck.

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I didn't expect much activity, and it is great to know there are still people who know their Raw Deal ;)

Offline Shaneth

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »
Quote from: BigPimpin
Raw IC Title
Raw HW Title
Managed by Bischoff
PRS
Dance, Coach

I can't find the Raw HW title.
Or is it the World Heavyweight Title that has the Raw logo in the middle of the belt? I'm assuming that counts as a Raw card since it's ability looks for a Raw card?

Offline Eric RD

• +11/-1
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2017, 08:28:11 PM »
Quote from: BigPimpin
Raw IC Title
Raw HW Title
Managed by Bischoff
PRS
Dance, Coach

I can't find the Raw HW title.
Or is it the World Heavyweight Title that has the Raw logo in the middle of the belt? I'm assuming that counts as a Raw card since it's ability looks for a Raw card?

That card and the Cruiserweight Title were misprinted without their brand's logo.
Barrie, Ontario Tournament Organizer. Posting our monthly events on YouTube.
Backlash Podcast - A Raw Deal conversation - available every other Tuesday on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube.
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/
http://backlashpod.podiant.co
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline Shaneth

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »
Here is the list I currently have. Looking for any modifications.

Evolution (PROMO)

(-8-) Pre-match
1 According to Linda and the Board of Executives
1 Managed by Eric Bischoff
1 Premiere Raw Superstar
1 Raw Intercontinental Title Belt
1 World Heavyweight Title Belt
1 Dance, Coach, Dance!
1 Awesome Pyro
1 Duchess of Queensbury Rules

(-8-) Mid-match
3 Get the Tables!
2 You Can't Spell Furniture Without F-U-N
1 Check This Out!
1 Fortitude Surge
1 Sustained Damage

(6) Maneuvers
3 Wheelbarrow Slam
3 Running Lariat

(19) Actions
3 My New Gimmick
3 Got Wood?
3 Table! Table! Table!
3 Iron Will
3 Roll Out of the Ring
3 Moongoose in the House
1 Beating the Odds

(17) RAW Actions
3 Here's a Ratings Booster!
3 Did I Just Say... Three Minutes?
3 From the Mind of Eric Bischoff
3 Where's the Payoff?
3 Twisted Smile
1 She's Got Legs
1 Fire Extinguisher

(18) Reversals
3 Over Sell Maneuver
3 Elbow to the Face
3 Escape Move
3 Step Aside
3 Hold the Phone
3 There Are Two Things You Can Do, Nothing and Like It

With According to Linda, I can play 7 Pre-match cards. I don't play it against I'm Gonna Break You Decks.
Duchess of Queensbury is for Hell in a Cell decks since that stipulation is Permanent and Evolution can't discard it with their ability.

The card I search for with World Heavyweight Title Belt depends on the cards in my opening hand, but it's usually Twisted Smile. Other times it will be From the Mind of Eric Bischoff if I do not have it in my opening hand and if I also have other RAW cards to discard for Evolution's ability.

My New Gimmick and Beating the Odds are primarily there for the free Draw 1 effects, thinning the deck to find what you need.
Opening with Iron Will is great because you can start with Get the Tables, then play Iron Will to shuffle back the Tables, then Get the Tables again for value.

Since Tables say the next Grapple Maneuver you play gets the damage bonus, you can still play action cards before playing Wheelbarrow Slam. This means that after playing She's Got Legs and popping 3 Tables, you can play Got Wood and Roll Out of the Ring to stack even more Tables. When I calculated maximum damage possible, it was 127, but I'm sure it can go higher since I wasn't accounting stuff like Iron Will + Twisted Smile to draw them again (even higher with Throwback Tables). On average, Wheelbarrow Slam hits for around 80 damage.

Is there anything I can do to make this better? Keep in mind it is the 2004 format.
I'm not sure if there is anything better than Running Lariat as my secondary maneuver. I wanted a 0F 5D maneuver because in case I have to end my turn and stop their turn with the Action reversal that costs 5F. I'm not concerned with the downside of Running Lariat because they usually won't have a hand to reverse with. It also deals a good amount of damage if for whatever reason I cannot get Wheelbarrow Slam to enough damage.
I also think my Reversals are not optimal, but not sure on what to change. Maybe find room for 3x Don't Try This at Home in case they Showtime and have ACEs, but usually they don't get a productive turn anyways.
I kind of want to fit in 1x Ho-Train because there are a lot of times where I run out of steam and my hand is all reversals. The option to mulligan mid game would be great with this deck, and also give Iron Will more value.

I know it's a solitaire deck, but any help optimizing it is appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Shaneth

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 11:09:50 AM »
Funny enough, the above deck (Evo Scoop) was the IAATG era, which was made to (I guess) counter the PRS / PSDS era of Divas, but it let to a whole cluster of high-SSV scoop decks (my flavor was Two Man Power Trip IAATG plunge, which was very successful back then).  But if you weren't one of those IAATG-compatible decks...again, no fun.

Mind elaborating on the Two Man Power Trip IAATG plunge deck? Sounds like something to add to my gauntlet.

Thanks!