Author Topic: Fandango  (Read 327 times)

Offline COMICDUDE1938

• +1/-1
  • It's time for Wrestlewar
    • View Profile
Fandango
« on: September 25, 2017, 12:33:10 PM »
We had a Tournament this weekend and I played my Fandango deck it went undefeated.. but I still feel like it could use some improvements, Can I get some pointers to make this deck better. Thanks for the help.

FANDANGO

Pre-match (12)
Argue With Tony Chimel x3
Calling You Out
Fandango's Dancing Entrance
Fans Love an Underdog (TB)
Indian Strap Match
Managed by Summer Rae
Mangled Intro by Lillian Garcia
Ring Psychology: Leg
Underrated Superstar (TB)
Vince McMahon, Guest Ringside Announcer

Mid-match (12)
Atomic Bear Hug x3
Backlash!
Cha Cha La La
Introduce Your Brain to Your Mouth...
Outside Interference
The King Interferes!
Unscrupulous S.O.B.
When You Thought You Had All the Answers...
You Knew It Would End This Way...
You're as Graceful as a Cow on Ice

Maneuvers (41)
Airplane Spin (TB)
Apply Legal Leverage (TB) x2
Classic Leg Work
Double Leg Takedown (TB) x3
Fandango's Apron Snap Kick
Fandango's Knee Smash
Fandango's Sit-Out Slam
Fandango's Slingshot Leg Drop
Fandango's Spin Kick
Flying Leg Scissors x3
Knee Bar x3
Knee Lift (TB) x3
Leg Drag (TB) x3
Quick Snap Body Slam x3
Sidewalk Slam (TB) x2
Snap Suplex (TB) x2
Spine Buster (TB) x3
Spinning Toe Hold x2
Spinning Wrist Lock Hammerlock Headlock Takedown Armbar of Doom
The Last Dance
Workin' on the Knee (TB) x3

Actions (3)
Don't be a Douchebag!
Don't Try This at Home x2

Reversals (15)
A Revolution of the Mind x3
Carlito Says "That’s Not Cool!"
Divine Intervention (TB)
Elbow to the Face x3
Escape With a Flourish
Get the "F" Out!
Manager Interferes x3
The RAW DEAL Revolution
You're a Jive Soul Bro!

Backstage Area (and other crap)
You Will Pronounce My Name Properly!
Ahh...Hell...NO

Offline Scotty

• +50/-43
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: Fandango
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:31:39 AM »
Prematch: Isn't Calling You Out blank?
Mismatch: Just personal preference, I would drop You Knew It'd End This Way for Restricted Use

Reversals: I would find room for Counter Strike and more importantly, Missed Your Chance.

I'm curious how you get fortitude playing small grapple moves with seemingly no protection without getting smashed as you run quite a few 0F reversals yourself. I'd look at adding a Flawless Transition to go with your Quick Snaps to get that fortitude for Leg Drags.

I'm working on a Fandango myself right now, almost done the first draft now. I'll share more thoughts later as I stumble upon them.

Offline COMICDUDE1938

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 10:27:34 AM »
Calling you out is only blank if the opponent packs the card that blanks it..I believe and as for my Maneuvers some people didn't care about a 342 to maneuver going in and a few of my low maneuvers were also reversals and as long as I got three of those out with leg psychology they could not reverse from backlash or from hand.
Ahh...Hell...NO

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +479/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »
Only the inexperienced aren't blanking Calling You Out.  Once people realize there's no downside to Enough Shenanigans, you should expect to see it every match, and thus replace CYO with a card that will actually serve a purpose.  :)

Granted, if you just want to tell people your opinion, that's certainly your choice, but it seems like you're asking for improvements on your deck.

CREED
Virtual 8: Over the Limit (A) Sept. 1st (B) Oct 31st - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullar

Offline COMICDUDE1938

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 12:35:02 PM »
This was the first time I played this deck and yes I wanted some pointers to improve this deck because yes that calling you out will never work again and yes any pointers I would appreciate.
Ahh...Hell...NO

Online dilbert505

• +46/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 12:58:07 PM »
I'm going to reiterate what Scotty said. Restricted Use is the first reversal I sleeve for the Mid-Match, no matter who I'm playing. If it's not in here, something less important is.

I would probably cut You Knew It Would End This Way, but if you really feel the need to keep that for some reason, then you can consider cutting Backlash, since the vast majority of people play around it, or Brain-Mouth Connection, since it's such a late-game card.

I also have no idea how in the world you survive with so few reversals in-deck. If I'm counting correctly, that's 23 plus a couple superstar-specifics, which feels way too light to me. I'd consider either upping the number (I don't tend to feel right until I have a minimum of 30 cards that are primarily used to reverse, which includes Volley This, Sidewalk Slam TB, and Douchebag among others) or at a minimum clearing out space in your midmatch to also pack Sustained Damage. That way, at least you can discard to lessen the blow, if you can't reverse enough things.

And yes, Creed's absolutely right. Anything that is printed on a Shenanigans card, you can expect to see in every match. If you're packing a card that a Shenanigan blanks, assume it will be blank. If you're reliant on a trick a Shenanigans card interferes with, assume it won't work.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline COMICDUDE1938

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 01:05:41 PM »
I appreciate the input it helps with future decks..I did not mean to sound if I did..I was just trying to get input on fixing this deck thank you guys.
Ahh...Hell...NO