Author Topic: Val's Towel and The Grind  (Read 179 times)

Offline BigPimpin

• +274/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Val's Towel and The Grind
« on: September 12, 2017, 07:38:24 AM »
Val's Towel
Backstage Area
When your opponent reverses your Val Venis-specific action, put up to 1 non-reversal maneuver from your Ringside into your hand.
When your opponent would remove any number of cards in your Ring or Ringside from the game, you may instead hide this card.
Unique
V8

The Grind
Action
When played after a successfully played card with either Stun Value or with 'diva' in the text, your opponent cannot play reversals to this card.
Shuffle this card into your Arsenal and he chooses one: he overturns 3 cards or he removes the top card of his Arsenal from the game.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique
V8

If the opponent chooses to overturn 3 cards for The Grind and it is reversed on the overturn, does Val's Towel trigger?
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Russ

• +3/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Val's Towel and The Grind
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 03:36:42 PM »
I don't think it can be reversed through the overturn effect, as the overturn is part od the card resolving and not a damage effect (which could be overturned).

I may be wrong, but i think I'm correct in this instance.

Offline niiiiick

• +12/-7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 05:43:50 AM »
This would seem to fall under reversing the card effect and not the card itself which would not trigger the towel.

But I keep going back and forth so I'm in to see the official ruling

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +310/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 10:53:31 AM »
Reversing a card's effect as it is going through its Timing Sequence is the same as reversing the card. Flipping a Let's Wrestle Already to The Grind will trigger Val's Towel.

FAQ:

Throttled Within an Inch of Your Life
<snip>
-If one copy Let’s Wrestle Already or You Fight Like a Woman is overturned, it will reverse the entire overturn effect but will count as only one reversal to the Multi Maneuver; unless a second reversal was played or activated from another area, the damage will then be resolved (D:0), and since only one reversal has been applied, the turn continues.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.