Author Topic: V8  (Read 176 times)

Offline riothebeast

• +1/-4
    • View Profile
V8
« on: September 11, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »
Just want to give a big thanks to the design folks out there. While i really wanted a lone d'lo i can for sure tell he was a big part of the nation build so im really happy with that. Could not be happier with funk loving that alot. Fandango is a deck to watch out for no doubt. Really not sold on the brood i get the red reversal part to go with the gimmick but yet to figure out how to make good but ill push myself to figure it out. Im sure ill get around to jeff he seems pretty good but yet to get into building jist yet. This is the first set ive seen where im like well im sizing all of these up and printing out on real card stock. And i even went a few extra steps to foil out the funkster.

Offline necrobaron75

• +27/-31
  • I'd buy that for a dollar...
    • View Profile
Re: V8
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:38:18 PM »
Agreed.
ALL the new superstars are well made and have cool cards and abilities
Not a fan of Dusty IRL,but REALLY wanna build him
Probably building BWO first
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: V8
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 06:09:25 PM »
Over in my playgroup, we've tested a few v8 stars too. I found Brood to be quite scary to play against when it's piloted by an experienced control player (able to find ways to bring back the RFG-ed reversals) as it is powerful to be able to shut down a chain deck in the early game or stop multi-tossing against a BASH deck. And when you go up against a control mirror or a "hard to reverse" deck, you can shut down powerful effects from Waist Lock TB or Clutch.

My favorite so far is Fandango, and I'm still thinking on how to build Shammy. But I agree, V8 has been a blast so far!