Author Topic: Intellectual Savior of the Masses  (Read 729 times)

Offline GamerZombie

• +8/-9
  • Road to Victory to draw a card!
    • View Profile
Intellectual Savior of the Masses
« on: September 05, 2017, 09:10:19 PM »
Does intellectual savior work with things like Revolution Intercontinental Title since you are picking one effect or the other? Or does it look for key words like "choose" and "or"? I'm just having some trouble pinning down outside of his card support what exactly the card is looking for in terms of choosing between effects. Also part B of this question is when in the timing does it trigger if say my opponent plays Reverse Fall Away Slam? Right after they choose the effect, but before damage?

The Intellectual Savior of the Masses
Backstage Area
Your Damien Sandow-specific Pre-match cards do not take up a slot in your Ring.
When you successfully play a card that would allow you to choose between one or more effects, you may choose one additional effect.
When your opponent successfully plays a card that allows him to choose one or more different effects, you may choose and apply one of the effects as well.
Unique     RMS logo
V7
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 10:38:29 PM by VelaCards »
-Collin Simon- (Guy with the Raw Deal sign at MiB 15')
--The Guardtower Raw Deal League Organizer--
---The Guardtower, Columbus Ohio

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Intellectual Savior of the Masses
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 10:28:19 AM »
Intellectual Savior affects anything that lets you choose between one or more options as it's played. It doesn't need to say "choose one" or "choose two", but typically, mutually-exclusive choices have "or" in them, and of course, you have to be doing the choosing.

When you're choosing an effect from an opponent's card, it triggers in step 7b, before his card text at step 8.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Online Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 07:18:46 PM »
So if I play a card with one effect on it like Candice Internet Icon that let's me put up to 12 cards from my ringside on the bottom of my arsenal, Sandow cant choose to use the same effect. If you will, can I get an example of what would trigger his backstage effect?

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 07:32:49 PM »
So if I play a card with one effect on it like Candice Internet Icon that let's me put up to 12 cards from my ringside on the bottom of my arsenal, Sandow cant choose to use the same effect. If you will, can I get an example of what would trigger his backstage effect?

Who Booked This Match?
Action: Face
Draw 2 cards or your opponent discards 2 cards.
Throwback
F: 2      D: 0
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Online Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 08:00:33 PM »
Ok I see the two obvious choices on here. Now would Sandow be able to draw 2 cards if I choose to draw 2 cards or would he have to apply the other effect?

Offline Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 08:09:43 PM »
Sandow gets whichever option he wants
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!